The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Guest 33123

Default the TALENT in Show And Tell! Oh my...

Truly amazing stuff guys! So diverse and beautifully performed and recorded. Thank you to all of you for sharing with us.

Last edited by Guest 33123; 11-25-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:49 AM

Indeed.

In my many decades as a "bar" gigger, my opinion of some things has changed. When the internet first came along and music was digitized I felt like the compression did it no favors and actually cheapened it. Also how easily it could be stolen and passed around. Add that to the destruction of Royalties and we all ended up right back in the bars if you wanted to make any money.

Going on and off "Hiatus" for decades, as we all do from time to time, and after a very long and reasonably successful "run" I found myself with a drawer full of copyrights that were never going to be heard. And I was in my mid 50's......

With YouTube and Soundcloud, we are able to release original songs, from our homes, for free. While this probably erases any ability to earn any money from our creations, it does "give it away" to a group of people who actually appreciate it. And, this additional exposure could actually ADD to the possibility of making money with it should a larger Act find interest in it.

A large and active Forum like this giving us this Space to do this is not only fun and entertaining, it's also educational. Bravo to the staff, management and ownership for allowing us this platform.

And yes, the talent found in here is, at times, breathtaking......

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg

Last edited by Murphy Slaw; 11-26-2016 at 06:54 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell