The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-15-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Your friend’s wife is obviously not over it. She seems like poison, she should shut up about the guitars already. It’s pretty obvious she had her plans with that money, and it didn’t include guitars for her husband.
Wow, that's harsh. Without knowing them, their relationship, or their finances, it seems bizarre to assume that she's the one being unreasonable.

Anyway, glad it sounds like it worked out.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd612 View Post
Wow, that's harsh. Without knowing them, their relationship, or their finances, it seems bizarre to assume that she's the one being unreasonable.

Anyway, glad it sounds like it worked out.

The matter was settled, but that didn’t stop his friend’s wife from making that “joke” about keeping the guitars on the divorce settlement. Each time the guitar thing is mentioned, it makes things uncomfortable to the OP, and it shouldn’t be that way.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
The matter was settled, but that didn’t stop his friend’s wife from making that “joke” about keeping the guitars on the divorce settlement. Each time the guitar thing is mentioned, it makes things uncomfortable to the OP, and it shouldn’t be that way.
I thought it was the OP's wife who made the joke. If he was having breakfast with his wife's friend instead of his wife, the plot seems a whole lot thicker.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryH View Post
The wife and I went out for breakfast this morning. Jokingly, but with a deadpan expression, she said Kristi will get one or both of them in the divorce settlement. I just blinked, and kept my mouth shut.
It's been my observation over my 62 years on this planet that men marry for companionship and women marry for companionship and financial security.....

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 10-15-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Yankee View Post
What a strange new world it is when husbands get in trouble for selling off some of their guitars
Yeah, what's up with that?!?!?!?!?

The wives need to butt out of this, altogether. The guy came to you asking to buy from you, and he made his own decision to pay the asking price. End of story.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryH View Post
This whole thing is just surreal to me. I talked to my wife earlier, and I offered to buy them back if that's what would make everybody happy. Wifey called Besty, and as it turns out, the buyer was very happy with the deal he got on two pristine Martin guitars. One was a HD-28VS Custom and the other a HD-28LSV. Both had all paperwork and hang tags. I sold them for $3K apiece. He told his wife he could sell them for a profit if he wanted. So, now Besty is ok with it all.

The last thing Vicki asked me was if I sold them too cheap.
Just to make everyone aware of this post from the OP....not sure much more is needed here?
Old 10-15-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd612 View Post
I thought it was the OP's wife who made the joke. If he was having breakfast with his wife's friend instead of his wife, the plot seems a whole lot thicker.

Lol the OP’s wife was relaying the joke to the OP. I know things can get all mixed up when you read multiple posts. [emoji23]
Old 10-16-2017, 07:27 AM

Glad things seem to have smoothed over. While I am happy to share my acquisitional milestones with my wife, I've learned that what my wife doesn't know about my guitar sales doesn't hurt me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic