The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-11-2017, 10:28 AM

Default Original Song - Tonight

Hey all, I love making music but never had a good place to share it, I figured since this forum helped me land on the Taylor 322ce 12 Fret that forms the backbone of this song, this may a good place! There is a big acoustic element to this song, but its not strictly acoustic. A lot of you out there are so talented, it is a bit intimidating, but keep posting the awesome work!

https://youtu.be/2aZ8iAKldQg
Old 08-12-2017, 04:48 PM

Yea plenty of the acoustic to the fore there.Good song.Modern feel.Well done.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:49 PM

I greatly appreciate the compliment, thank you for listening!
Old 08-13-2017, 06:04 AM

Very nice psychedelic song
Old 08-13-2017, 07:04 AM

Thank you! I grew up with a lot of Hendrix and Cream so I think that style will forever be a bit imprinted on me!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:46 PM

Cool tune. I got a bit of a Beatles vibe too or John Lennon to be more specific. Not trying to be picky but to my ear your vocals are a bit buried in the mix. I hear the guitar pressing them down.I prefer the opposite. Vocals very good, bring them up front bro!!! Cool tune

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 08-13-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1964 View Post
Cool tune. I got a bit of a Beatles vibe too or John Lennon to be more specific. Not trying to be picky but to my ear your vocals are a bit buried in the mix. I hear the guitar pressing them down.I prefer the opposite. Vocals very good, bring them up front bro!!! Cool tune
Thank you for the compliment and the feedback! I totally agree with you on that point, I'm much more of a guitarist than I am a singer, and have a lot more experience mixing guitars than vocals. For this song, I panned the 2 doubled acoustic guitar tracks hard left and right, then kept the vocals down the middle but I think I still mixed the acoustic tracks a bit too loud, which is blocking some of the clarity. If anyone has tips on making vocals "pop" a bit more that would appreciated!
Old 08-13-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sXFan View Post
Thank you for the compliment and the feedback! I totally agree with you on that point, I'm much more of a guitarist than I am a singer, and have a lot more experience mixing guitars than vocals. For this song, I panned the 2 doubled acoustic guitar tracks hard left and right, then kept the vocals down the middle but I think I still mixed the acoustic tracks a bit too loud, which is blocking some of the clarity. If anyone has tips on making vocals "pop" a bit more that would appreciated!
I pan my guitar tracks 75 right and left, double my vocal and pan that 60 Right and left. Then I vary the output of each until the guitar is "supporting" the vocals. The tip I give those lacking confidence is; bring vocals up in the mix until you get uncomfortable, then go a little further with them! Click on my soundclick link in my signature. My playing is not great, singing is ok, but I've been told my mixes are pretty good.

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 08-13-2017, 06:33 PM
Charter Member

Well done! That does have an old, psychedelic sound!

- Glenn
Old 08-13-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Well done! That does have an old, psychedelic sound!

- Glenn
Thank you Glenn for the kind words!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell