The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-18-2017, 11:00 AM
Charter Member

Default an unexpected sad punch in the gut

So, I was on my way across town to a meeting at the local college. I was getting a bit flustered how bad traffic was. Then we were at a total standstill on the expressway. The radio announcer explained why and my mood got rather somber.

We have a big waterfront/watersports presence here. This week a training dive for one of the underwater rescue teams took a tragic turn when a 34 year old police officer disappeared. It was headline news all over here and the search turned from rescue to recovery.

They found his body, recovered it was were transporting it to the medical center.

The car carrying him was followed by the local emergency transport helicopter. They shut down all traffic and there was a procession of police cars bringing his body in. I've never seen anything like it. I didn't know we *HAD* that many police cars of every shape and size. Hundreds of them.

During college I worked as a hyperbaric research diver and the pros were all on the underwater rescue team, so I know these type of folks. I've been where they were, doing what they were doing. Seeing that processional was a very humbling thing.

You can't see much in this lousy photo, but the whole town stood still. Hundreds of police cars went by (or hundreds and hundreds). Helicopter in the distance. Sirens wailing. Very sad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p..jpg (29.9 KB, 218 views)

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 10-18-2017, 11:25 AM

Sad indeed, but it's good to see people react with such somber respect. My brother rides with the Patriot Guard, and he says that's not always the case. Praying for this diver's loved ones.

Cotten
Old 10-18-2017, 07:13 PM

Prayers for the officer and thanks to those showing respect.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:28 PM
Charter Member

Sad story, but thanks for sharing...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic