The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
My first Cargo was the RT finish and I liked it- the second one was matte but not really as thick as the RT on the first- both were black. The savoy has a smooth matte finish (sort of comparable to my second Cargo) on the back and sides but the top has a bit of texture to it. You don't really see fingerprints but you can see where it's been handled but it wipes off easily...hope this helps- cheers.
By black, you likely mean what CA referred to as charcoal, which is mine in RT, so your first one was probably exactly the same as the one I have. Although I’ve been lusting over the burst I’ve seen on the Savoy, to achieve the no fuss feeling I have with the Cargo, the matte one like yours may be what would be best for me...and cheaper. I believe Blackbird will either include or install the pickguard. Personally, I like the look with the pickguard, but maybe no fret markers, only side dots.

Thanks again!
Old 10-10-2017, 07:13 PM

Congratulations, Kevin. The Savoy rocks. Enjoy it.
Barb
Old 10-10-2017, 10:07 PM

Can you comment on the string spacing? One thing I find with CF or Alt-composite guitars is that there are virtually no offerings in wider string spacings on either end of the instrument.

Personally, I really like a wider array and that would influence what I would be willing to buy.

These have me interested but of course, they're not available to try out!

Congrats on your guitar!
Old 10-10-2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by email4eric View Post
Can you comment on the string spacing? One thing I find with CF or Alt-composite guitars is that there are virtually no offerings in wider string spacings on either end of the instrument.

Personally, I really like a wider array and that would influence what I would be willing to buy.

These have me interested but of course, they're not available to try out!

Congrats on your guitar!
The nut is 1.75 and the string spacing feels just as comfortable as any of my Collings guitars. This really has a comfortable neck and the shape and smoothness result in what I would say is a very fast neck.

Just spent the last hour or so playing lead over some YouTube backtracks and the sound of individual notes on this little guitar are so clean and clear....the smooth neck really allows you to move around effortlessly.

The more I play it the more impressed I get- it is a really sweet little guitar.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
...The more I play it the more impressed I get- it is a really sweet little guitar.
I've had mine since March, and I feel the same way, Kevin. Kind of reminds me of when I bought my first CF guitar almost twenty years ago, a Rainsong OM1000. I bought the guitar because I needed an acoustic that was impervious to the elements, but I soon realized that it was so much more than that. I feel the same way about the Savoy, it's so much more than a travel guitar I can take anywhere.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:51 PM

When I was at NAMM ... I was walking up to the Blackbird booth thing... just got off the escalator and its right there...and saw the Savoy hanging there and wanted it! Didn't even play it yet... played it and well the rest is ... not sure ...but I have one.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-12-2017, 04:55 PM

Also I haven't looked at mine in about an hour so please explode my head with... oh I don't know .. 53 or so photos... thanks in advance.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
blackbird, savoy