The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-14-2017, 08:08 PM

Default A or B, First or Second?

I tried to post in the 'record section' some ideas about how to better offer this, but the post got lost in outer space, or was dissed by a foreign country's operatives....?

So I will throw this out for perusal and hopefully input about how to do a poll on this...

Same song, two different guitars (immediately after each other), same recording set up (probably too hot?), Audacity, no modifications.

The objective is to get input from the AGF regarding these two guitars in a 'like' type setting. It is not about the song or my playing style -- or lack thereof, although my style influences the tone, no doubt.

Thoughts? input? how to try it again?

Thanks in advance
D
Old 07-15-2017, 10:18 AM

The second one has a clarity that serves your recording setup quite well - not to cast aspersion on the first guitar.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:14 PM

Default Next try

Bax:

Thanks for your input. It is exactly what I am looking for...and I agree guitar #1 does sound 'muddy'?

I did another take (much shorter) with the change of guitar at around :51. I turned all the dials way down and moved the mic out another 6-8 inches which has it living at around 18-20 inches from the sound hole.

I hope this is a good 'acoustic test' of two guitars.

Different day, but I believe much the same input, certainly 'back to back' for lack of a better term.

Still hoping to have some other 'nylon stringers' input on this.

I will tell about guitars/set up I am using after some more input. Just know that strings (although are not the same for both are newish and I tried not to vary my style for the recording).

Thanks for listing and your thoughts.
D
Old 07-15-2017, 08:26 PM

Talking

Oh and, by the way, I think some of us nyloners will be surprised when I reveal the guitars/set up used for this.

Not that the recording is excellent, but I still hope that all equal, it is a 'fair' assessment.

D

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical