The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
David, I'm so pleased to hear that! Congrats on a booking one year out! Which mixer do you use? Did you go XRL to TRS into Channel 3/4, or XLR into 1/2?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I used my 12 channel analog Mackie. XLR out to channel 3 input using an XLR female to 1/4" trs converter.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
I used my 12 channel analog Mackie. XLR out to channel 3 input using an XLR female to 1/4" trs converter.

Excellent! This is what I had been doing with the Yamaha MG10XU and XR12. I was hoping it would be effective for you too. I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for this QSC mixer to arrive! Let me know when you've had a chance to play with the XR12 in a similar situation. I like how the XR fits so neatly on the Eon One.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrome View Post
I was thinking the older ones because the new ones seem just like the old ones with a battery inside!
I just got one of the originals and two reasons I decided not to wait for the Pro was less power and smaller bass driver. Doesn't mean I won't change my mind once I get a chance at one, especially since I like the additional channels, rechargeable option.

Now as you say, if it was otherwise identical to the one I have now, with the addition of battery power, I'd be on one right away.
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 07-25-2017, 10:43 PM

I wonder when it's gonna be out though, it's been so long since they announced it
Old 07-25-2017, 11:04 PM

Supposed to be out sometime in August, but we'll see.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:06 AM

• Sweetwater - New Item - Coming Soon! (Rep told me "We have a shipment coming in this month [August]")
  • American Musical Supply - 9/7/2017
  • Zzounds - 09-10-2017
  • Musician's Friend - 9/25/2017 (won't ship to Brasil, not sure what that's all about)
  • Guitar Center - 10-02-2017

Those dates keep changing so it might be Christmas before it actually hit the stores.

Martin 00-18V (sitka/hog) Taylor GCce 12-fret LTD (all koa) Gibson Keb Mo (adi/hog) Cervantes Crossover I (cedar/pe) Breedlove Oregon Parlor LTD (all myrtle) Journey OF-660 (carbon fiber) Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre TC Helicon Play Acoustic Singular Sound Beat Buddy HK Audio Lucas Nano 608i Bose S1 Pro
Old 08-13-2017, 01:04 PM

I've yet to see one in the wild yet. Some guys I know are really eager to give these an audition.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I've yet to see one in the wild yet. Some guys I know are really eager to give these an audition.
I'm one of them. One frustrating oversight by JBL was not including at least a couple of patch points for us to insert a parametric or other eq.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:32 AM
Charter Member

I've been holding out for an Eon One PRO for a while now. In the meantime I needed a line array for a few gigs. For the first one I rented a Bose Compact with T1 mixer which sounded great. For another gig I rented an LD Systems Maui 5 and went straight in. I though my Baggs Anthem equipped guitar sounded excellent straight into the Maui 5 but my vocals were a bit muffled compared to the Compact. Just my observations, both would work just fine to gig with.

When I returned the Maui I checked out the original JBL Eon One they had set up in the store. I was definitely not a fan of the mixer. Even on the mic setting I felt like I had to crank the channel volume as well as the master to get the vocal volume I'd need for a gig. If the Pro has the same gain structure I feel like I'd need a mixer to make it do exactly what I wanted. That of course would negate the advantage of battery power since I'd need to power the mixer. All of that said I'm still on the fence about the Pro. It will be cool to see some in users hands soon and find out how they work in the real world.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvmatt247 View Post
When I returned the Maui I checked out the original JBL Eon One they had set up in the store. I was definitely not a fan of the mixer. Even on the mic setting I felt like I had to crank the channel volume as well as the master to get the vocal volume I'd need for a gig. If the Pro has the same gain structure I feel like I'd need a mixer to make it do exactly what I wanted. That of course would negate the advantage of battery power since I'd need to power the mixer. All of that said I'm still on the fence about the Pro. It will be cool to see some in users hands soon and find out how they work in the real world.
The Eon One is renowned, if that's the word, for having very low gain levels, and that problem has supposedly been solved with the Pro.

It's killing me, waiting for reports from the field.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
The Eon One is renowned, if that's the word, for having very low gain levels, and that problem has supposedly been solved with the Pro.

It's killing me, waiting for reports from the field.
I'm waiting anxiously too.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:43 PM

We just have to wait two more weeks
Old 08-31-2017, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

The new EON One Pro will be available in a couple weeks? Very interested to compare to my Bose L1 Compact.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 08-31-2017, 11:31 PM

Also anxiously awaiting real life reviews for this unit. The ease of set up/breakdown and battery powered are high on priority list. Had a backyard gig last night and very good feedback on the quality of sound (currently using Schertler jam 400 with qsc 10 for guitar and 3 vocal mics) but love the idea of very quick set up with good sound
Old 09-01-2017, 09:36 PM

Just got a call from Sweetwater rep about the JBL Eon One Pro shipment coming in next week. I mentioned it to him a while ago that I might be interested in one. Well, I was sucked in and I ordered one. I sold my original One months ago to another full-time musician and he loves it. I decided to sell with the intent of trying this new Pro version. After a while I thought, I don't need the pro I can do just as good with my K10.

Looking forward to having a One again. I had been looking for a battery solution, even when I had the original One so I will make use of the battery for sure. I wonder if the power is lower when on battery vs plugged in. I had an acoustic battery powered amp by Roland and there was less power on tap when using the batteries only. Of course, the One Pro uses Lithium and the Roland used alkaline batteries.

The phantom power is good to have, I guess... I don't normally use condenser mics live. I have two condenser mics meant to be used live, Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina and CAD C195. The Edwina produced a lot of feedback when I was in front of the original One so I doubt the One Pro will be any different. I called Ear Trumpet and they said they have trouble with the line array speakers.

I likely won't use the phantom power. JBL should have put some sort of locking mechanism on that instead of just a punch button because what if someone accidentally hits that button with gear connected that isn't ready for the power?

I use a VoiceLive 3 when I perform so the Hi-Z won't get used often. I like having it though for if I connect direct. What I don't like, about the Hi-Z and Phantom power, are that you cannot independently set them, it's always two inputs or none. But again both of these features will not get used that much, if at all.

When I perform by myself I don't need that many inputs, but I am in an organization that sometimes needs sound support for speakers/forums and having extra inputs for multiple mics will be nice for that. Having extra inputs is also good if I'm performing with other musicians without having to use an external mixer.

I doubt I'll use the camera mount simply because I don't want a video of my back and the audience. The tablet holder I would probably use to keep my phone charged. I have a tablet holder attachment to use with my vocal mic.

The sleeker size I think is nice. I'm short 5'2" and female and have something a bit more slender and lighter is a win for me.

Martin 00-18V (sitka/hog) Taylor GCce 12-fret LTD (all koa) Gibson Keb Mo (adi/hog) Cervantes Crossover I (cedar/pe) Breedlove Oregon Parlor LTD (all myrtle) Journey OF-660 (carbon fiber) Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre TC Helicon Play Acoustic Singular Sound Beat Buddy HK Audio Lucas Nano 608i Bose S1 Pro
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification