The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-15-2017, 04:21 AM
Guest4562

Default A Heads Up for Car Guys

I mostly ignore the History Channel these days, it having devolved into a platform for pawn stars and pickers. However, every so often there's a flash of the old channel, such as now with The Cars That Made America. Car guys might want to give it a look.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:59 AM
Charter Member

I caught just a bit of it the other night and I thought it was very well done. I rarely watch tv, I don't like to sit still for more than 30 minutes but this program managed to keep me seated for 45 minutes before I was able to pry myself away from it and get back in the shop. I would like to see it in its entirety someday.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:31 AM
Anticipation Junkie

I missed part 1 and watched the end of part 2. Very interesting. Henry Ford seems to have quite the tyrant. I want to watch all three parts in order, so I have them scheduled to record.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:53 AM

Got it scheduled for recording - parts 2 & 3 are the only episodes that remain.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:40 AM

Yeah, I've watched both episodes. I'm enjoying it so far.

It is done in the same style as the History channel series that chronicled Rockefeller, J.P. Morgan & Carnegie's rise and influence on American history. I like the "Docu-drama" format since it helps to personalize these historic figures.

History channel did the same treatment for the miniseries on Harley Davidson and the history of the American motorcycle. It is also worth watching.

Edsel Ford hasn't received enough credit for saving Ford Motor Co. from Henry's refusal to refine and improving their product. He is mostly remembered for having his name on an ugly car.

I didn't realize the Dodge brother's died so young from the Spanish flu outbreak. What a great loss...apparently they were mechanical wizards.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:30 PM

I caught the promo for this show and set it to record...

I've watched Part 1 about half way thru, and I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it...

Like some others, I was pleased to see The History Channel finally doing some interesting broadcasting again...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic