The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-19-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff M View Post
I'm glad SCgC specifically addresses the issue of silicone. If I was one of those who was a guitar waxer/polisher I'd check it out.
Martin and gibson also sell polishes/waxes.

Welcome to the world of marketing.
Whatever is or is not in SCGC wax, your guitar does not need wax. You might, but not your guitar.

My luthier used a buffing wheel to remove a long scratch that he put onto the face during repair. Works fine - left a slight buffing trace that was visible in some angles of light - used a little Virtuoso polish to rectify and the face is seamless again. A perfect situation for the occasional polish.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:07 PM

I consulted many of forum just like this years ago. I do not have any nitro finished guitars, but have used PowerChord cleaner for years (not sure if they make it anymore) for dirt, grime and fingerprints.

I also use zymol car wax very sparingly once or twice a year and I have never had one issue with it. It helps with small hairline scratches and doesn't "build up" like other waxes I have tried. Supposedly all natural and no silicates.

Some good examples of my "used" not new guitars after a good cleaning, very light waxing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion