The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-16-2001, 01:05 PM

Post Fishman Pocket Blender

I have a 514c on order (didn't want the second large hole in my guitar)and I am looking for a good electronics system for it. Is the Fishman Pocket Blender a good set up for this? I am an electronics virgin so to speak about this stuff. It is all new to me. I want a good system to start with that I won't feel the need to upgrade later as I become familiar with it. Any other recommendations?

Shea
Old 02-16-2001, 02:23 PM

Hi Shea,

The Pocket Blender is an excellent dual channel preamp. Other good ones to look into are the Rane AP-13, B-Band Entity and Pendulum SPS1 (although this is VERY expensive). You are still going to need someone to install a pickup and a mic inside the guitar if you want to use the Pocket Blender for its intended purpose. Obviously, Fishman will recommend their Matrix UST and a Crown internal mic but you could use just about any pickup/mic combo on the market.

Personally, I don't care for the Fishman UST sound. I'm waiting to replace mine with the Baggs I-Beam.

GL
Old 02-16-2001, 04:28 PM

Shea,

You might also look at the K&K Trinity system. It uses an internal mic on a gooseneck and transducers mounted inside the guitar under the bridge. I have this on my 714 and I think it is great. It comes with a belt clip preamp. the downside is that the eq controls are inside the preamp, but once you dial it in you might not have to worry about it for a while.

This system only requires a slightly larger hole for the end pin. No modifications to the bridge set up.

Good Luck

Gary

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification