The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-24-2000, 01:19 PM

Question 410r vs. 310k

I have a 410r 25th com. It's one of my favorite guitars. Then I went to the guitar store, and saw a 310k, and I can't afford both. The guy said I could trade in the 410r 25th com., for the 310k. Is koa wood as rare as people say, or am I always going to be able to find it? They're both great sounding guitars. Should I trade? Which one do you think will be more valuble in years to come? Thanks
Old 11-27-2000, 08:28 AM

Leon,

Others may have different opinions on this, but I say you should go with whatever guitar reaches out and grabs you more. Maybe you should bring your 410R down to the store and play them side by side. As far as future value, I'd have to guess that the 25th Anniversary model could be more desirable than a 310K. Koa is somewhat scarse but is still going to be around for a while. Actually, if you plan on playing your guitar regularly I would try and not let future value sway your decision. Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

[This message has been edited by swoodnj (edited 11-27-2000).]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification