The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-23-2000, 09:59 AM

Post Best Strings For a 310

Having just purchased a 310, I haven't had the time to experiment with different string brands. any recommendations? Thanks.
Old 12-23-2000, 01:54 PM

Howdy Armand

Well, the medium Elixirs aren't too shabby, but as one other Taylor Forum member pointed out, Taylor still recommends that their Dreads be strung with medium phosphor/bronze strings. I know that D'Addarios used to be the "Taylor" string before 1999. You could try that. But, i remember hearing from Taylor that it is not good to always change different made strings. I don't like to take a risk on my 310, so i will keep stringing them with Elixirs~

Well, it's your call, really. Just any well-known or well-made strings should do the job... Taylors are world-class instruments, and i don't think strings should limit its sound!

Blessings,
nick
Old 12-23-2000, 06:38 PM

Hey Armond,

I agree with Nick. I use Medium Elixirs on my 310-mce.

I tried lights once on my 310 and IMHO I thought I lost alot of tone and volume, it just wasn't driving the top to full potential.

With that said, strings are very subjective and there are a lot of great brands out there that can really change the tone of your instrument. I use different brands of strings depending on what guitar I am playing. Don't feel like you need to try them all at once, it dosen't hurt to try different brands for the first few changes.

Good Luck!

Later,
Erm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification