The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-14-2018, 01:58 PM

Default Great classical buying experience

Just bought a Saez Marin G90 short scale at Philadelphia Classical Guitar Store. Saez Marin is a small shop out of Valencia, Spain that imports to the US on a limited basis.

I'm accustomed to higher end guitars but could not pay higher end prices on this one. I didn't trust the online or big shop options for an all solid wood Spanish-built guitar. Bill (owner) was phenomenal. So grateful for solid advice at a solid bricks and mortar building where I could play a variety of classicals to get the know-in-my-bones kind of know when I made the call. I'm a Philly local happy to shout to the world about a Spanish beauty found at a Philly gem.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:44 PM

congratulations on your new guitar...

i havent visited the shop in awhile, but plan to soon (i live in bucks county, about 20 miles north)...

but it's a delightful shop, wonderful guitars...i fell in love with an old martin there once and was heartbroken upon learning it belonged to a woman working there. sigh.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:45 AM

I had never heard of the shop, and promptly went to their web site as I am looking for a parlor-sized classical guitar, and was hoping in a purely classical shop they would have one or two to consider. Unfortunately, I was disappointed in that regard but appreciated all the "eye candy" of the beautiful instruments they have, even though all are full size.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:57 AM

That Bill's site doesn't show a smaller sized guitar or two, may mean that the stock hasn't been listed. He's a level-headed, pleasant guy, though, a lot of his predecessor's guitar info still resides on the site. Email, just to make sure. Fun store, but bring quarters for the parking metres, as at least two years ago they were spitting paper bills back out.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
saez marin