The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 08-30-2014, 08:39 AM

A particular classical guitar can sound very different with different types of strings. Can't predict it... IME you just have to try different types... high tension, low tension, traditional nylon trebles, fluorocarbon trebles, nylgut trebles, polished basses, unpolished, etc. The stringsbymail site has good info on string characteristics.

For instance, fluorocarbon trebles tend to make a guitar sound brighter. On one guitar they might be good, on another guitar that's already bright, they'd be bad.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:39 PM

"I'm always in favor of the higher tension options,"

Contrarily, I am always in favor of the lowest tension option for tone and playability.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:43 AM

Default strap

string are covered quite well. and I have no idea how to string my classical guitar I take all my guitars to my guitar tech for restringing and set up . now on my acoustics and double necks I prefer a guitar stand for playing just seams easer to get the right hand position.. M brace makes a good one that will not scratch your instrument .but there are lots of others look around.

Last edited by EoE; 09-20-2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: mistake

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical