The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-25-2014, 07:41 AM

Yep, still inspired "the morning after." Can't wait to pull out my guitar to day and play. The thing is, TE is so technically head and shoulders above any other guitar player I know about, I could just throw in the towel and ask myself "what's the point." But, again, it's that pure joy on his face when he plays that I am inspired by. If I get no further than book one by Christopher Parkening on how to play fingerstyle, but I can do it with even a hint of the joy and passion TE has when he plays, then I will have mastered my guitar.

Truly blessed to have sat 6 feet away and watched him play. It will resonate with me for a very very long time.

"We are music fingered by the gods." ~ Mark Nepo
Old 07-25-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaMom View Post
Yep, still inspired "the morning after." Can't wait to pull out my guitar to day and play. The thing is, TE is so technically head and shoulders above any other guitar player I know about, I could just throw in the towel and ask myself "what's the point." But, again, it's that pure joy on his face when he plays that I am inspired by. If I get no further than book one by Christopher Parkening on how to play fingerstyle, but I can do it with even a hint of the joy and passion TE has when he plays, then I will have mastered my guitar.

Truly blessed to have sat 6 feet away and watched him play. It will resonate with me for a very very long time.
That's awesome! Good music and musicians should drive us all that much deeper into playing and enjoying it! Glad it was such a great night!
Old 07-25-2014, 07:57 AM

Saw him a few weeks ago. Awesome !!!
13 Fret Charis SJ
Martin D-41
Halcyon 12 Fret 000
A&L Ami
McIlroy A30c
Taylor 610 LTD
Martin DCPA1
Seagull Original
Gretsch White Falcon
Epi LP 60's Tribute Plus (Ebony)
Epi LP 60's Tribute Plus (HC Burst)
Epi Swingster Royale
Gibson LP Trad Pro II
Godin Exit 22
Old 07-25-2014, 08:49 AM

Cheesy... He must be jealous, i see no other explanation!
He's the kind of guy, you think you're good before you see him play,
but after you seen him, you want to go and buy a skateboard....
Old 07-25-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
All I can say is...WoW!

I'm as impressed by how much he clearly enjoys playing, as I am by his actual playing!

Also, he plants his pinky when he plays. I've seen debates on this forum before: to plant or not to plant. Well, now that I've seen TE plant, I feel no shame in being a pinky planter myself!
what is really cool about TE is that he can plant his pinky, or not. Use a pick, or not. Wear a thumbpick, or not..he blows my tiny mind. Sitting, standing, juggling ten plates at the same time, he doesn't care, he just goes...never seen anyone with abilities like he has.

Old age and treachery will outsmart youth and skill every time. - My dad...
Old 07-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Can't get much better than front row center tix to TE. Going tonite! Talk about inspiration + entertainment. One of my previous guitar teachers called him "cheesy" but I think he's awesome. This will be my 2nd time seeing him. In a class all his own.
Hi EM,

I agree! Have a great evening!

- Glenn
Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

I agree that when you see someone at that level it is inspiring. Glad you had a good time!
Old 07-25-2014, 11:13 PM

I forgot to mention, I like TE's page on FB.

A week or so prior to the show, I had a question, so I messaged him and he responded the same day.

Not only is he talented, he is a down to earth guy.
PRS electrics and bass, Taylor Cocobolo BTO GS, K26e Koa,412CE-N FLTD, 214ce dlx and 254ce dlx acoustic guitars; Vintage Sound Vintage 20, Bad Cat Cub II & III R, Carr Raleigh, Fender Supersonic 22, Univox, Fishman Loudbox 100 & Mini, and Mark Bass amps

In music, one must think with his heart and feel with his brain.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:29 AM

We just got our tickets to see him at Cal State Northridge. But the concert is not until February. Bummer. Looking forward to it.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:28 AM

TE is great! I watch him and Igor Presnyakov the most.. my two favs

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion