The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Charter Member

Now with the cream guard, it looks even better. i'm jealous....
Seriously, nice work on a fantastic bargain.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:58 PM

Envy is a sin, I shall repent.....one day! Great score! If you so a bit of searching, you could even find a Fender Logo from some unscrupulous Chines retailer to complete the picture........

I tend to think with electric guitars is that, provided it is set up properly, all you need worry about is that the electronics produce the sound you are looking for. If it does, who cares what the label on the headstock says. I'm not too sure that body material has that great an effect on the sound of electrics given the thickness of the "sound board".
Old 05-08-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSemmens View Post
Envy is a sin, I shall repent.....one day! Great score! If you so a bit of searching, you could even find a Fender Logo from some unscrupulous Chines retailer to complete the picture........

I tend to think with electric guitars is that, provided it is set up properly, all you need worry about is that the electronics produce the sound you are looking for. If it does, who cares what the label on the headstock says. I'm not too sure that body material has that great an effect on the sound of electrics given the thickness of the "sound board".
Thanks, man!
I'm pretty pleased.

It's a knock-off, and I'm not gonna hide it.
Probably will leave the headstock as-is, but maybe I'll get a decal that says Fauxcaster in Fender script. That'd be cool.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars