The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-21-2017, 11:46 AM

Linda Hamilton, (of the Terminator movies), (and her twin sister Leslie), were best friends with my sister growing up. It was always an exciting time for a 13 yr. old boy when the Hamilton twins came to the house for a sleepover.
Linda was dramatic even as a teenager...my mom always said "that girl should be an actress".
Old 03-21-2017, 12:16 PM

They're making a movie of my life now. I don't always see them, but I know they're there!

cotten
Old 03-21-2017, 12:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlorman View Post
Does "caught on a surveillance tape" count?
That made me chuckle

I was a mountain man type extra in the mini series "Dream West" about John C Fremont. Starring Richard Chamberlain as Fremont and Rip Torn as Kit Carson.
As someone mentioned over the course of 3.....10 to 12 hour days, there was maybe a total of 30 to 45 minutes of real action
Because I was a rider I was in the scenes involving horses
And then the last day a snowsquall came up and we shot about 5 different scenes. The director was giddy that he would get real snow, the extras were just cold. BUT the food was excellent and the pay was pretty good .

My family and I were also in commercial for Wyoming tourism about rafting on the Snake River

And I was a goofy Japanese game show where I played the character of Joe Starrett from the Movie "Shane" which shot at Antelope Flats in Jackson Hole were the original film was shot

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 03-21-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowesthand View Post
Several years ago, I was out at P.I.R. ,(Phoenix International Raceway) when they were filming scenes for Days Of Thunder, with Tom Cruise.

Just two words to describe the action....BOAR RING!
Scenes in the movie that show racing at break neck speed, the cars are probably doing maybe 30 MPR at tops, if that. prob more like 20.
They had 2 race cars that Cruise drove, one looking new, and one already all smashed up to film the crash scenes.
Part of that movie we also filmed in my small town. Heck, they used my 4th grade teacher's house in the movie too. I remember it being a really big deal here.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

I was in a Tony Danza TV movie about him as a mobster. They were filming in Squirrel Hill, Pittsburgh. Never saw Tony. Got to hang and chat for an hour with the dad from Wonder Years, he was a detective in it. Also Ted Levine ( the killer in Silence of the lambs) he signed an autograph for my wife
" Hi Mary, are you a size 14" she got chills when I gave it to her ( she was a size 14) lol
12 hours/ 40.00 I played an investigator going house to house. Had everyone over to see my debut. While we watched the movie I was in a robe, cigar, photos with my autograph ready! Hee! I was on camera somewhere between 1/2 to a full second.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:16 PM

I knocked Michael J Fox down on his way to a movie set, does that count?
Old 03-24-2017, 09:42 AM

I was a special extra in "The Rookie" starring Dennis Quaid. I was filmed in two scenes at Dell Diamond in Round Rock, Texas. Unfortunately neither scenes made it into the finished product...which was quite embarrassing when my family and I sat in the theater to watch my debut and I wasn't in it. Showbiz...

2010 Martin HD-28, 82 Martin D-35, 05 Huss & Dalton TDM Custom, 06 Garrison GD-30, and Yamaha FG-180 Red Label "The Pig".

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic