The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-10-2018, 11:03 PM

My gig rig in the ‘70s was a Gibson ES-335 through a Traynor YGL-3 Mk III Custom with a pair of Celestion 12s. Totally roadworthy and reliable - I love the cabinet design too, for how easy it was to service.

George
Old 01-11-2018, 09:07 AM

pics of the 335 please!They are super cool!
Old 01-11-2018, 04:43 PM

I played lead guitar through a 100 watt Traynor Bass amp back in the early 70's, driving two 15" JBL D-130 speakers. Sold the amp to pay part of the hospital bill when my first son was born.
et al
Old 01-11-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Gopher View Post
My gig rig in the ‘70s was a Gibson ES-335 through a Traynor YGL-3 Mk III Custom with a pair of Celestion 12s. Totally roadworthy and reliable - I love the cabinet design too, for how easy it was to service.
Sounds like a sweet gig rig, Gopher.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
My big muscle is a '73 Traynor TRM-1 Reverb Master.

It's a great, powerful 50 Watt amp based on two EL-34s and the last of the Traynor designs that was tested for sturdiness by being thrown out a second-story window. I've written up a little page about it, HERE. It sits on a 2x12" cabinet my father and I cut down from a 4x12" Leslie tone cabinet.

Bob
I guess I should mentioned that this is my second Reverb Master. I played one for nearly twenty years until my family needed the space. I sold it and replaced it with a little Marshall combo. Eventually I knew I preferred the Traynor, so I started a multi-state search. This being about forty years after my first one was built and Traynors being an acquired taste, I wasn't particularly hopeful. I finally tracked one down in an adjoining state and in an irony, it turned out to have been built the same month as my first and to be a far better sounding amp. Cool, huh?

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 01-12-2018, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
I guess I should mentioned that this is my second Reverb Master. I played one for nearly twenty years until my family needed the space. I sold it and replaced it with a little Marshall combo. Eventually I knew I preferred the Traynor, so I started a multi-state search. This being about forty years after my first one was built and Traynors being an acquired taste, I wasn't particularly hopeful. I finally tracked one down in an adjoining state and in an irony, it turned out to have been built the same month as my first and to be a far better sounding amp. Cool, huh?

Bob
You lost me at "needed the space". . It's a great story when someone can track down a piece of gear they played years before, Bob.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars