The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 06-21-2010, 06:40 PM

Default new stuff

i was thinking about modifing my yamaha FD01S new bridge pins,nut,saddle, tuners, and a new pick guard i was wondering well does FWI ivory fit yamaha guitars? and also will grover tuners fit?
Old 06-22-2010, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmaster843 View Post
i was thinking about modifing my yamaha FD01S new bridge pins,nut,saddle, tuners, and a new pick guard
go for it!!

Quote:
i was wondering well does FWI ivory fit yamaha guitars?
depends what shape it is!! Also, please don'tthink I'm Yam bashing cos I had a FG320-12 for about 20 years and LOVED it, but you could find that FWI nut saddle & pins could cost more than the whole guitar....... a quick google shows me that the pins alone are about half the street price of the guitar...... then an other third for the nut and saddle, plus paying the guy to do the job....... there may be some folks who'd suggest more cost effective ways of spending your hard earned.........

Quote:
and also will grover tuners fit
some will, some might not. MOST guitars have 10mm holes for the tuners, most tuners have a 10mm barrel. the screw holes might not line up though.......
I LOVE that guy!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:04 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Generally you cannot improve upon Stock Yamaha tuners. They are quite good to begin with. Are you going to make the pins saddle, nut and pickguard?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair