The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-25-2010, 01:20 PM

Default Removing electronics

So I have a A&L CW acoustic with the quantum electronics and I want to remove it. I've heard good things about removing the electronics to open up that sound port where the pre amp goes. I just wonder how to go about this.

From what I can see there are a few parts:

1) unscrew the pre amp
2) Remove the strings stuck to the side (looks like it's on that material used for posters)
3) removed the end pin

Is this all easy to do by my self? Step 1 would be easy since it's two screws and I can fi**** out of the sound hole, but step 2 is something I don't know how to go about.

Is there a way to removed the adhesive to get the wires out instead of cutting the twist tie around it?

Last edited by Long813; 04-30-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Musical minimalist

I saw your note on my post....sounds like your electronics are much different than the Baggs....all the components of the Baggs were simply attached with velcro to the back of the guitar. Just had to slowly peel the adhesive patches from them and remove the endpin jack. Sorry I couldn't help more...

Old 04-25-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
I saw your note on my post....sounds like your electronics are much different than the Baggs....all the components of the Baggs were simply attached with velcro to the back of the guitar. Just had to slowly peel the adhesive patches from them and remove the endpin jack. Sorry I couldn't help more...
I think they are the same. Judging by the pictures, maybe I have the setup on mine wrong. I think it is just a endpin jack. That would be as simple as removing the pin?

And I guess the velcro is where mine differs, mine has the twist tie wrapping the wires then stuck onto the side of the lower bout.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair