The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-04-2018, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoretti49 View Post
I don't know if the 2017 Farida OT22 collection included some wide neck models, but I assume it did.

It has been a very long wait for me, and now I am making it even longer by delaying the shipment until next week. But I got an incredible deal when I ordered, including free case and 10% discount. So there was no way I was going to cancel my order. After listening to the few online reviews I was convinced that the OT22 would be great value for the money. I have purchased some other "value" guitars (see signature below) and been very satisfied, enjoying some of them as much as my more expensive guitars.
RM, Congrats on those "value" ones !
Seen you have Eastman E20 OM. I got an Eastman E10 OOSS with 20 year old Adi top around a month ago ! Sounds and plays fantastic !
Old 01-05-2018, 03:32 AM

Quote:
I don't know if the 2017 Farida OT22 collection included some wide neck models, but I assume it did.
I purchased a wide neck OT-22 last June. Nice guitar and fun to play. I sold it recently, but it was due to my own gas rather than anything related to the guitar.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgumbino View Post
I purchased a wide neck OT-22 last June. Nice guitar and fun to play. I sold it recently, but it was due to my own gas rather than anything related to the guitar.
Oh, you're the first guy with previous batch of OT-22 wide nut I've ever known so far.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdaim View Post
WoW ! Is that comment on wide nut version from you ?
Elderly should not do that this way.
Yes sir! I am JPC.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:52 AM

Hi, OT-22 guys.
Just heard from Elderly saying mine arrived. And you ?
Old 01-13-2018, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Well, the OT22W I ordered in August arrived at Elderly, presumably as part of the shipment of 60 Farida guitars they were expecting. It will be on its way to me shortly (I asked that it not be shipped until next week because of the bitter cold). Sometime next week I will post a mini-review.
Hi,
I guess you received your OT-22W, didn't you ?
How does it sound ?
Your mini-review if you did receive it ?
Dave.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:17 AM

Got it, but I'm not that lucky. Before tuning it, the guitar has a gap between bridge and top at one of the two ends of bridge. I tuned it to D A F C G D only to see if the gap will expand...
Dave.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:49 AM

Send it back to Elderly, they will replace it!
Old 01-16-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdaim View Post
Hi,
I guess you received your OT-22W, didn't you ?
How does it sound ?
Your mini-review if you did receive it ?
Dave.
I did write a review of the Farida. Search the forum for "Farida OT22w review".

Sorry to hear about the difficulty with the one you received. But when it is replaced, you will be very happy with the OT22w. I've had mine for just over a week, and I am amazed at this guitar. It sounds so good, and it is so comfortable.

Taylor 856, Taylor GC7, Martin 00-28, Breedlove Oregon Concertina, Breedlove Jeff Bridges Signature, Guild JF55-12, Guild D212, Larrivee OM3, Eastman E20 OM, Farida OT22w, Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra, Blueridge BR-361, Pono 0-15 mango, Journey OF-660, Tanglewood TWJP parlor (Nashville tuned), Paul Reed Smith SE Custom.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:09 PM

Bingo, there's a real good reason why they have sold sooo many of these, they're just that good.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:36 AM

Hi, guys.
Here's a clip I made as a for fun folk player:

Sorry, If the video does not work, go to the URL as below:
https://youtu.be/EZGrEfaExQI

Last edited by tdaim; 01-18-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:13 AM

Nice job on The song! Looks like you got your replacement guitar?

The recording sounds as if your guitar has a different voice than mine, but I suspect that it is the recording itself that accounts for most of the difference. In the recording, there seems to be a strong emphasis on the trebles, and I hear less bass. I realize you have a capo on, and that probably is affecting what I'm hearing.

How do your in-person perceptions of the tone match up or differ from what I wrote in my review?

I remain very happy with my OT22w, so much so that I sent a thank you email to Elderly Instruments.

Taylor 856, Taylor GC7, Martin 00-28, Breedlove Oregon Concertina, Breedlove Jeff Bridges Signature, Guild JF55-12, Guild D212, Larrivee OM3, Eastman E20 OM, Farida OT22w, Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra, Blueridge BR-361, Pono 0-15 mango, Journey OF-660, Tanglewood TWJP parlor (Nashville tuned), Paul Reed Smith SE Custom.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:50 PM
Charter Member

Elderly rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 01-18-2018, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Nice job on The song! Looks like you got your replacement guitar?

The recording sounds as if your guitar has a different voice than mine, but I suspect that it is the recording itself that accounts for most of the difference. In the recording, there seems to be a strong emphasis on the trebles, and I hear less bass. I realize you have a capo on, and that probably is affecting what I'm hearing.

How do your in-person perceptions of the tone match up or differ from what I wrote in my review?

I remain very happy with my OT22w, so much so that I sent a thank you email to Elderly Instruments.
I think in this case of sounding different, it's all about the player really. I've heard some of the folks at Elderly playing them and not very well, BTW. Now when Chris played it in the video they made last year for the introduction of the line, that Stan was in as well, Chris played it great and it sounds the same as mine. Some people over play and some under play, there's fine line.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:37 PM

anyone compare the ot22 to ot25 or ot23 to ot26 to compare firsthand the laminate vs solid wood? seems like everyone thinks the laminate is the cream of the crop from the few reviews I've seen. is that because the laminate is that good at $400 or because at $700 the solid wood has lots of competition?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion