The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 06-16-2010, 04:09 AM

Default Advice and Info needed about building a Travel Guitar

Hi.

I am just starting my A2 Design and Technology Design and Make project and have decided to make a travel guitar. I would really appreciate as many comments as possible on:

1) What you like/dislike about travel guitars
2) How i would go about building this guitar
3) Which components to use?

Basically any information you can give me to help me with my primary research, secondary research and overall function of my product would be appreciated.

I know guitars are expensive to built so i am trying to find a way to cut the cost of production. e.g. use an existing electric guitar from a car boot sale and then adapt the pieces to make a travel guitar. I am really not sure how to go about this. It may even be easier to start from scratch. Innotive features would also be of great benefit.

Barny
Old 06-21-2010, 12:32 AM

This very nice information.As per my experience I take my Martin O-15 in a Harptone Hardcase. The Martin O body is small but it is still a "full sized guitar". The Harptone case is a perfect fit and the overall size and weight is very easy to manage.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair