The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-16-2014, 08:55 PM

Default Classically Influenced Electric

All comments appreciated.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:17 PM

Cool.

I think electric guitars can be a blast, and I don't really play anything that people would normally think of as electric guitar music. I used to play Bach on my Tele and Strat (a Strat can sound remarkably like a pipe organ with the right settings!).
Old 09-18-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcap View Post
Cool.

I think electric guitars can be a blast, and I don't really play anything that people would normally think of as electric guitar music. I used to play Bach on my Tele and Strat (a Strat can sound remarkably like a pipe organ with the right settings!).
Thanks wcap. Yeah the electric can get some good organ-like sustain. I like some of Bach's cello and violin music on electric as well.

btw, It was suggested to me on another forum to try the tune without the drum track...

Last edited by Timothy Lawler; 09-27-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:56 AM

Yeah, really nice! I like it without the drum track too. Not that I'm anti-drum by any means, but I just don't think it helped the track, more of a distraction. I could hear layering in some string-synth for added variety.

2014 Martin Smartwood OM
2004 Martin D-18 GE
Old 09-20-2014, 09:54 AM

Thanks Laurence. I'm not much of a synth guy but agree something layered would be a nice touch.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell