The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
Hi Jack,

I can well imagine the challenges you have putting your product to market - distributors etc.

I was about to buy a Fishman SA220 when I heard that it had been discontinued, so I'm now very keen in purchasing the later product - (240v) in the UK.

Are you in a position to say when they will be available in the UK?

Thanks in advance.
In case you should receive no reply Silly Moustache, please be advised that the Fishman SA220 is indeed still in full production: http://www.fishman.com/products/series/sa/

You're welcome.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:45 AM

Sa220 - fishman product. No longer manufacturing. New version coming out summer 2016

Soloamp - jack's product

No relationship between the two other than the so called claims that jack "liscensed" the technology to Fishman.
1993 Gibson Les Paul Standard
2002 Taylor 310CE
2008 Martin OMC16REP
2013 Taylor 816CE
2016 Kindred OM
Little Martin travel guitar
Taylor GS mini
Red eye preamp
Fender Hot Rod deluxe
Fishman soloamp
Bose L1M2 B2 sub
Vintage boss pedals
Www.strummingtunes.com
Old 04-22-2016, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutjack View Post
Sorry guys, but we've been busy running a business, and drilling into a set of final small tweaks and fixes we need to work through to make the first production run SoloAmp as flawless as possible.

After all these years I am not rushing this first production run. I am taking my time, coordinating with my factory, and making certain that what ships is an amazing, no-excuses product.

As for the AGF sponsorship, frankly, we were not seeing pre-orders from here. That coupled with the delayed shipping date led us to drop the sponsorship — a purely business decision.

If anybody wants to communicate about any of this, I can be mailed at [email protected]. No problem.

Jack
SoloAmp
Jack,

Are you going to extend or reinstate the Early-Bird Special?
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 04-22-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post
Good Lord! You guys are hilarious... first it's all about how Jack is trying to rip everyone off and has "absconded with the loot", and then, the guy comes back and says, fairly succinctly, what's been going on for him and the business... and he gets crucified for that, too?

As far as not communicating with customers goes, you DO KNOW that just because you have questions does NOT mean you are a customer, right?
What that means is you are a potential customer. The first thing about running a successful sales model and trying to gain sales traction isn't to alienate your market regardless if the consumer is a current or potential customer. The sad part is according to the website, there is some component of relation to a marketing side of things called Kickshark that you would assume would be responsible for the marketing component. At the end of the day, the overall gist of this scenario follows a similar historical pattern described by others in previous endeavors.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Man View Post
In case you should receive no reply Silly Moustache, please be advised that the Fishman SA220 is indeed still in full production: http://www.fishman.com/products/series/sa/

You're welcome.
Google says -
Sweetwater: No Longer Available
Music123: This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Guitar Center: Out of Stock
Musician's Friend: no listing
Walmart: This Item is no longer available
Django Books: Out of Stock
Amazon: 4 used, 2 new from non-Amazon resellers
American Musical Supply: no listing

Yes, there are still some in the sales channel... Shoreline seems to have some for instance... but it seems pretty clear that this model is no longer in production.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:39 AM

I stand corrected. That being said, according to RCGuitar, Fishman's new version is to be released shortly.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Man View Post
I stand corrected. That being said, according to RCGuitar, Fishman's new version is to be released shortly.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with. Unless Fishman has lost their way, which I doubt, it should be a big step forward. My personal wish list would be more power and lower bass (I tune down as low as Bb).
Old 04-23-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Good Lord! You guys are hilarious... first it's all about how Jack is trying to rip everyone off and has "absconded with the loot", and then, the guy comes back and says, fairly succinctly, what's been going on for him and the business... and he gets crucified for that, too?

As far as not communicating with customers goes, you DO KNOW that just because you have questions does NOT mean you are a customer, right?

Jack, I wish you the best with this new SoloAmp! I hope it kicks all the butt you say it will... and I'm glad you came back and had something to say to everyone here, too... whether you are a sponsor or not, makes no never mind to me...

The world can always use a terrific portable unit for acoustic guitars and voices...

When you have the time and inclination, keep us abreast of developments, please...

Well when i was in business POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS tended to ask questions. You then responded to those POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS in order for them to become CUSTOMERS. If you didnt respond or couldnt answer or even ignored them ( much the way Jack has done !!!) then they went elsewhere for their purchase and who could blame them?.
Maybe you have a business model that is successful and flies in the face of all known convention as outlined above. Maybe you and jack should get together with your "new" outlook on a successful business model which doesn't include responding to POTENTIAL CUSTOMER queries, totally ignoring them, displaying zero business ethics and playing them for suckers I would put money on it going down within a very short space of time !!!!!!
Old 04-23-2016, 01:51 PM
Charter Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
Well when i was in business POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS tended to ask questions. You then responded to those POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS in order for them to become CUSTOMERS. If you didnt respond or couldnt answer or even ignored them ( much the way Jack has done !!!) then they went elsewhere for their purchase and who could blame them?.
Maybe you have a business model that is successful and flies in the face of all known convention as outlined above. Maybe you and jack should get together with your "new" outlook on a successful business model which doesn't include responding to POTENTIAL CUSTOMER queries, totally ignoring them, displaying zero business ethics and playing them for suckers I would put money on it going down within a very short space of time !!!!!!
Okay, guys, take a breath for a moment and hear me out...

I NEVER said that the way Jack was going about things was the way to do business, not in any sense of the word... truth is, I suspect he's struggling to keep the ship afloat until he actually has units for sale...

OF COURSE, it would be great for him to respond to all queries in a timely fashion, to chime in on these pages and say what's going on with the new Soloamp... and he did not do any of that, apparently.

I just think that folks are being pretty quick to condemn the guy, simply because the way he's doing things doesn't "fit" their preferred method of doing business.

I'm not intimately acquainted with all the ins and outs of his business, not at all; it seems to me likely that he's doing all of this with a skeleton crew and not a lot of working capitol... heck, just about anything could be going on with him, I just don't know...

But it seems a violation of our rule #1 to be so quick to castigate him when we don't know the story... and the truth is, I have never even SEEN one of his Soloamps, let alone one for sale? Has anyone?

I agree that it is a shame that he's alienated so many folks on this Forum from being future customers by not communicating for the past months until yesterday... and I still wish him the best in his new business, and I certainly hope that he "grows" in his social skill set regarding his client-base (or potential client-base).
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 04-23-2016, 02:07 PM

Well stated, Seth.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:31 PM

Looks like he's been busy starting his next endeavor in starting up a home state crowdfunding community to help other entrepreneurs.

http://raisetn.com/index.html
Old 04-23-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:

I NEVER said that the way Jack was going about things was the way to do business, not in any sense of the word... truth is, I suspect he's struggling to keep the ship afloat until he actually has units for sale...

OF COURSE, it would be great for him to respond to all queries in a timely fashion, to chime in on these pages and say what's going on with the new Soloamp... and he did not do any of that, apparently.

I just think that folks are being pretty quick to condemn the guy, simply because the way he's doing things doesn't "fit" their preferred method of doing business.

I'm not intimately acquainted with all the ins and outs of his business, not at all; it seems to me likely that he's doing all of this with a skeleton crew and not a lot of working capitol... heck, just about anything could be going on with him, I just don't know...

But it seems a violation of our rule #1 to be so quick to castigate him when we don't know the story... and the truth is, I have never even SEEN one of his Soloamps, let alone one for sale? Has anyone?

I agree that it is a shame that he's alienated so many folks on this Forum from being future customers by not communicating for the past months until yesterday... and I still wish him the best in his new business, and I certainly hope that he "grows" in his social skill set regarding his client-base (or potential client-base).

Apparently you are not up to date on the past history of this guy. He has a track record not only in this forum, but in several other forums and products not associated with the music industry. The only thing he is good at is filing lawsuits against other companies that he claims stole his intellectual property.
1993 Gibson Les Paul Standard
2002 Taylor 310CE
2008 Martin OMC16REP
2013 Taylor 816CE
2016 Kindred OM
Little Martin travel guitar
Taylor GS mini
Red eye preamp
Fender Hot Rod deluxe
Fishman soloamp
Bose L1M2 B2 sub
Vintage boss pedals
Www.strummingtunes.com
Old 04-23-2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGuitar View Post
Apparently you are not up to date on the past history of this guy. He has a track record not only in this forum, but in several other forums and products not associated with the music industry. The only thing he is good at is filing lawsuits against other companies that he claims stole his intellectual property.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:

It is difficult to differentiate castigation from healthy skepticism.

Unfortunately, if you hang at forums for any length of time, you encounter a number of horror stories, often surrounding folks who may have had good intentions but ultimately wind up taking money and not delivering a product. While advanced product announcements are pretty common in the industry, the forum is often a vehicle to get front money. Once money is on the table, it is perfectly reasonable to expect meaningful communication, progress reports and delivery dates. Investors in the big world demand it. They can be pretty unforgiving when it is not handled well.

OTOH maybe folks buying in need to understand the concept of risk and then learn to manage it better. But they are investors or potential investors. When someone is using a forum to generate interest and income, they are using everyone on the forum. Not just the folks buying in.

And when you live by the forum, you can also die by the forum.

Healthy skepticism is almost always in order.

hunter
Old 04-24-2016, 11:19 AM

Judge Jody says "Beware of "business" people accused of scamming customers, who post really poor excuses for not willing to communicate and/or tell the truth".
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification