The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-22-2016, 06:50 PM
Charter Member

Default Me and my guitar interview with Joe Bonamassa

Old 04-22-2016, 08:16 PM

Hi Daryl - thanks for posting. I just watched the first 2 videos and I'll watch the 3rd tomorrow. Joe made excellent points about using the volume and tone pots to maximize the different tones your guitar can produce. It's a forgotten art these days.

I bought a used Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul goldtop last year. I didn't even know who Joe was but the guitar was great, had Gibson pickups (burstbuckers) and had a great price so I bought it. I've since done research on Joe and I'm a fan.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Hi Daryl - thanks for posting. I just watched the first 2 videos and I'll watch the 3rd tomorrow. Joe made excellent points about using the volume and tone pots to maximize the different tones your guitar can produce. It's a forgotten art these days.

I bought a used Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul goldtop last year. I didn't even know who Joe was but the guitar was great, had Gibson pickups (burstbuckers) and had a great price so I bought it. I've since done research on Joe and I'm a fan.
Hi Dru - have checked out his Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House? I love it. Had it playing on the way home today.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:55 AM

I am not seeing anything but a blank white page in your post?

I saw him play a year ago and he was quite a player for sure. He did an acoustic set as well which was the best part imo. He's got quite a guitar collection and had some real old beauties on stage.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
I am not seeing anything but a blank white page in your post?

I saw him play a year ago and he was quite a player for sure. He did an acoustic set as well which was the best part imo. He's got quite a guitar collection and had some real old beauties on stage.
There are three YouTube videos. I wonder if you have out of date software (such as adobe Flash or something like that). Or perhaps you have your browser setting to now show videos?

I've never heard his acoustic stuff. I'll have to give it a listen.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
There are three YouTube videos. I wonder if you have out of date software (such as adobe Flash or something like that). Or perhaps you have your browser setting to now show videos?

I've never heard his acoustic stuff. I'll have to give it a listen.
An Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House

(Edit: I'm repeating myself here. LOL. The bluray is in HD DTS and extremely well done if you're into concert videos)
Old 05-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for posting! I learned a couple of things.

Tim
Old 05-03-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Growler View Post
An Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House

(Edit: I'm repeating myself here. LOL. The bluray is in HD DTS and extremely well done if you're into concert videos)
I listened to just a single song from that on YouTube. I'll give it another go round. I did listen to a few more of Joe's electric songs on the week-end. "Just got Paid" (I think that's what it is called) has got some great soloing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars