The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-16-2017, 12:07 PM

Default New member - some basic questions

New member here. I have some general questions about the forum. I am a member of several wristwatch forums which have special rules, and I don't want to break any here. I don't see a "sticky" with general rules, so here goes.

First, is it okay to ask the forum's opinion on the value of a guitar? I'm going to be selling one and wanted to post some pictures and ask some opinions. On some forums, that is against the rules. Please let me know.

Also, how do you become a "Charter Member" in order to post on the for sale section? I clicked on a link and it appeared to be broken. Thanks in advance for the responses.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

Welcome to the AGF. The rules are mostly listed in the FAQs, but there are some additional ones stickied to the tops of several subforums. Charter membership information is in the FAQs.

Additional rules for the Classifieds are at the top of that forum. Moderators are listed at the bottom right of the General Discussion forum and you are welcome to contact any of us.

You can ask opinions of guitars in the General section. If you're asking highly specific questions indicating that you are selling a guitar, you will need to be a charter member first. Nonmembers may not advertise a guitar for sale anywhere on the AGF and charter members may do it only in the Classifieds.

Hope you enjoy the AGF.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:31 PM

Hi- welcome!
I'm sorta new, too.
You become a Charter Member by paying a monthly fee, through paypal- like I did to try and sell a couple guitars.

Last edited by consentingblue; 10-16-2017 at 12:36 PM. Reason: transaction feedback deleted
Old 10-16-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by consentingblue View Post
Hi- welcome!
I'm sorta new, too.
You become a Charter Member by paying a monthly fee, through paypal- like I did to try and sell a couple guitars.
Thanks. Were you able to sell your guitars?
Old 10-16-2017, 12:50 PM
Charter Member

Yessir, welcome to AGF. One thing to be aware of is —- Moderators encourage lively political discussions . I’M KIDDING!!
Old 10-16-2017, 12:50 PM

"Thanks. Were you able to sell your guitars?"

Well- just between you and me- sold one rare Yamaha that was rather incredible...now selling two solid tops that really don't perk up too much interest, it seems.
I'd say give it time...do a price drop or two if necessary; lots and lots of eyes here to see your guitar. Incredibly knowledgeable, too.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:46 PM

You're among friends here, yessir69, especially since you asked first. We've had a few who didn't over the years, who assumed things here were like they were on other forums they were accustomed to. Every forum is different, and I appreciate your taking time to familiarize yourself with the way things work on the AGF. It's a great community, with lots of information, inspiration, encouragement, and even a little entertainment occasionally! Hope you enjoy hanging out with us.

cotten

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic