The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-19-2002, 06:48 AM

Default Marshall 2X12 cab

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about picking up a new cabinet. I presently have a pair of marshall 4X12s and they are not getting any lighter. I've also gigged on them for over 12 years.

I really only need a smaller combo type setup for gigs, so I thought of getting a Marshall 1936 2X12 closed back with celestions.

Anyone have any experience with these? Anyone have any different suggestions for an extension cab? I'll be powering it with a Marshall 50 watt head. I've always been a marshall fan and I'm tring to keep the cost down. I test drove a boogie 2X12 with celestion vintage 30s, which I really dug, but it was twice the price of the marshall.

Thanks!
Erm
Old 04-22-2002, 12:17 AM

I have the the Marshall TSLC 212 2x12 cab for the TSL 122. (also have the TSL 122) Two celestions, one heritage, one vintage. It is a mono (series) open-back cab. I'm very happy with the sound. The open back gives it better midrange definition for acoustic, IMO. No bass deficiency to my ears.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification