The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-26-2015, 04:01 PM

Default mixing with hearing aids

Don't laugh, you may be me someday. I quit mixing live sound years ago, have young guys with good ears for that :-) I guess I had no idea how bad my hearing was, when I got the aids it was like taking a blanket off of my head. Not cheap but best money spent in a while, to hear music as it is again. not 100 per cent, there are times and places they just don't work but I will take what I can get. I used to mix then cut out highs and high mids until someone else told me good, I took a listen to some of my own recordings and they are def hotter on the high end than I like. but oh well. I guess I am saying, very little is more important to players than hearing, if you come from the day of no monitors and stacks to the sky probably too late now but watch your hearing, an accidental burst from a stack as you walk by can put it all away. I did some fairly in depth research on aids, if you are interested give me a pm and I will tell you what I know.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:52 AM

I feel for you. Anyone got a *cure* for tinitus? I see a lot of 'holistic' pills on the market, designed to 'increase blood flow to the inner ears'

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 08-27-2015, 10:25 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Congrats on the better hearing!

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD