The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-22-2016, 09:20 PM

Default Pig Hog cables

I need some decent PA cables, so I've been doing some research. I talked to a guy at Sam Ash, and he suggested Pig Hog cables due to their "no question" lifetime guarantee. I looked on the Pig Hog website, and all they talk about is a limited lifetime warranty. As a matter of fact, the only mention of this "no question" lifetime guarantee comes from places that sell these cables, not from the manufacturer's website.

Should I be wary? Will these people keep their word? Should I get something in writing?

Or better yet, should I be looking at a different cable anyways?

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2016, 09:23 PM

Spectraflex makes good cables, or at least I haven't had issues.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:28 AM

audiopile.net seems to be the overwhelming choice for cables by the gurus on the ProSoundWeb forums. I have no personal experience, but I have seen post after post there praising both the quality and the customer service. You pay between about $13 and $26 for a 25 foot cable, depending on the cable and the connectors. (Neutrix on the higher-end cables.) Looks like a three-year guarantee, although I didn't look at all the cables to make sure. I think the best "guarantee" is buying well-built cables, and taking very, very good care of them.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:40 PM

Update: Sam Ash ended up doing a price match for me on a couple of Rapco Horizon 12 gauge 50-foot cables. They are really heavy duty and have the big ends on them. I think that they are much nicer than the Pig Hog cables. I'll bet each cable weighs almost 5 lbs. I'm banking on these lasting a while! I ended up saving about $20 on the cables.

Thanks everyone.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification