The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-18-2016, 07:06 PM

Interesting choice, as it's a bit different from the kind of amps we were suggesting. Still, if you need the battery power option, and it's other features suit your needs, it's a very nice amp. Be sure to tell us what you think after you've used it for a while.

cotten
Old 12-18-2016, 07:14 PM

Yea I kind of feel like I asked for advice and then didn't take any of it. Still I think everyone convinced me the really cheap amps probably wouldn't make me happy. I would have looked harder at the fishman but the looper is a big reason I wanted an amp to begin with so by the time I figured that in a used mini wasn't any cheaper

Electrics:
Warmoth Tele

Amps:
Blues Jr.
AC15HW
Old 12-19-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
The THr5A does NOT have any outputs. Its a great little practice amp to take camping, busking for guitar only, etc. Love some of the effects for acoustic guitar but its not an amp for any size performance. Very cool looking though.
Just for the record, the owner's manual for the THR series amplifiers, page 12, regarding the Phones jack: This a standard phone jack used to connect a pair of stereo headphones to the unit. It can also be used as a line out jack.* Main speaker sound is muted when a connector is inserted into the PHONES jack.
Epiphone Dot
Old 12-20-2016, 07:50 AM

Loudbox Mini.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:27 PM

So I've been playing the Roland AC-33 for a couple days now. I haven't really used any other acoustic amps to compare to so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Sound is clear and seams to accurately reproduce the sound of my acoustic. Seems like a very simple but well built amp. The only affects are a chorus on each of the two channels. Reverb/3D ambience on the combined channels. So far my favorite part of the amp is the built in looper. Pretty easy to use and is a lot of fun. Also, the batter pack is another killer feature. Did not notice any difference in sound quality or volume when unplugged.

Electrics:
Warmoth Tele

Amps:
Blues Jr.
AC15HW

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
acoustic amp, amp