The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-16-2014, 10:20 PM

Default Cordoba hard case for winter

Which hardshell case do you find fits your Cordoba Fusion the best.I have the deluxe soft case but with winter coming on I would like a hard case that is a bit more air tight to keep humidity levels correct. I dont gig or travel far with this one so ultra high end, ( expensive) cases are not needed. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:25 AM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Somewhere in the back of my head cordoba has a relationship of some sort with protege humicases. I don't know where I came up with that, but the protege humicase is a pretty solid case, if it fits your guitar well - I found one for a bit under $70 from tigerdirect or some such non-music site. I even trusted the incompetent boobs at united to plane-side check the guitar for a domestic flight (under extreme duress, but they absolutely refused to let me carry the thing on) - the case came out after a single flight pretty badly scuffed up, but the guitar remains in fantastic condition, so the case did its job. And the luggage handlers clearly did theirs
Old 11-17-2014, 07:16 AM

Good info. Will check. Most cases at my GC are a sloppy fit so I figured I would ask around.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:24 AM
Guitar Gourmet

My Cordoba is a standard classical and it came with a Humidicase Protege' that fits well, protects the guitar, and has built in humidifiers.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 11-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Musical minimalist

These are hard to beat for the money......

http://www.wwbw.com/Musician-s-Gear-...-i1151763.wwbw

The polyfoam cases are OK, but I'd never ship a guitar in them (given most of our track records around here that possibility always exists)

Old 12-02-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosland View Post
Somewhere in the back of my head cordoba has a relationship of some sort with protege humicases. I don't know where I came up with that, but the protege humicase is a pretty solid case, if it fits your guitar well - I found one for a bit under $70 from tigerdirect or some such non-music site. I even trusted the incompetent boobs at united to plane-side check the guitar for a domestic flight (under extreme duress, but they absolutely refused to let me carry the thing on) - the case came out after a single flight pretty badly scuffed up, but the guitar remains in fantastic condition, so the case did its job. And the luggage handlers clearly did theirs
When a Cordoba is purchased with a Humicase (or a case is purchased withing 7 days of guitar purchase) the warranty is extended to limited lifetime.

http://www.cordobaguitars.com/warranty.php
Old 12-04-2014, 07:52 AM

Thanks for the warranty info. Will check the site.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosland View Post
Cordoba owns Humicase. My C10 came with a humicase and the lifetime warranty is contingent on keeping the guitar in the case when not played.

Cordoba C10 spruce top
Takamine CP132SC
Godin Grand Concert Duet
Stephen Holst handmade archtop

http://www.donmitchell.us
https://www.youtube.com/user/DonMitchell50
Old 12-22-2014, 02:32 AM

The Humicase that came with my brand new 55FCE Negra had a loose bottom latch that would not stay closed. After a month it just fell off. I reglued it, but it just never latched properly before or since. While I still got a decent seal even with the bottom latch unable to hold, I didn't want to take the chance that another latch would loosen up too. We often have extreme changes in winter weather here in Dallas, and that case/guitar was already exposed to one brief snow storm in November.

I was already just a little bit past the 30 day mark w/ Guitar Center, so I contacted Humicase and Cordoba. Cordoba responsed with a few messages that indicated that I needed to send the guitar and case to them, so I called to pursue the issue. I told them I needed to use the guitar for a series of gigs and my classical teaching, and they told me to just send the case. Cordoba refused to replace the case even with pictures and proof of purchase, and said I had to pay return shipping on the case in order to have it evaluated for replacement.

Since if you use a different case at any point in time it voids the warranty anyway, I've decided to sacrifice my "Lifetime Warranty" and use an SKB Thin Line Classical Deluxe Case 1SKB-30. I installed a Humicase humidifying pod and hygrometer. It's a thousand time more sturdy and durable than that crappy Humicase Thin Line Protege. I've had issues with one SKB case I've ordered in the past from one of their fringe distributors, but it was nothing that I wasn't able to have sorted out free of charge. They take care of their QC issues. Cordoba has perhaps just grown a bit bureaucratic to show that human touch when it came to pleasing this customer in this particular case.

So my two cents, get an SKB case. All the specs on the website are up to date, so you can probably find a model that fits well. I think the ThinLine might work for the Fusion, but I'm not 100%. Also the latches are molded TSA latches, which supposedly are required for airline travel in some places. Sometimes you can find a really great deal on them too.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:30 AM

Thanks for all the input. I have found a case that fits my needs, ( as well as my Cordobo Fusion). There is a guitar store about 6 miles from my home that has been there for over 60 yrs. The guys who run it arent the most friendly but they do have a huge, dusty inventory. One of the salesman found a Takamine brown color hard arch top case and it fits almost perfect. In fact it fits better than the Takamine that is supposed to go inside it. Fifty bucks out the door and I'm good to go. Nice tight seal and plenty room for two soap dishes and sound hole unit. Dont know the model number but its for the smaller body Takamine parlor and classical guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical