The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-11-2014, 07:20 PM

Default Help with Cordoba choices

Thanks for the help on another thread. I have narrowed it down to three.
Cordoba Fusion Orchestra Pro, Cordoba FCWE Reissue or Cordoba C10 Crossover. Any thoughts on which is the better? I believe the FCWE is made in Spain. Is that a plus or minus? Thanks
Old 12-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldrgd View Post
Thanks for the help on another thread. I have narrowed it down to three.
Cordoba Fusion Orchestra Pro, Cordoba FCWE Reissue or Cordoba C10 Crossover. Any thoughts on which is the better? I believe the FCWE is made in Spain. Is that a plus or minus? Thanks
I don't think it's a question of which is the best, but which is the best for YOU. Those are quite different guitars. The C10 is the most nearly traditional and would be suitable if that's the type of guitar you're looking for. The other two are crossover, stage guitars designed more for public performance. The FCWE is the most different (to coin a phrase) of the three because it is a very thin-bodied flamenco guitar. Unplugged, it may not offer the richness or depth of sound that a more traditional guitar would.

It would be impossible to guess which would appeal to you most. The only way to be sure would be to try them, but I know that's often not possible. Perhaps the best way to decide would be to ask yourself what, exactly, you are looking for in a guitar: traditional/crossover, stage crossover or crossover/flamenco.

All Cordoba guitars I've played seem to be built to a similarly high standard, whether they are made in China or Spain, so I wouldn't let that be a concern if I were you. Good luck!
-Bob
Old 12-11-2014, 08:23 PM

waldgrd mentioned the c10 crossover, which is a different model from the standard c10.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:50 PM

personally i am into cutaways (feel like anything else is a waste of space) so i would have to pick the reissue out of the 3 for that reason alone. that being said i love my gk studio negra http://www.cordobaguitars.com/p/gk-studio-negra in case you are willing to entertain others. kind of a crossover. also the bass rocks on the negra model!

Old 12-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
waldgrd mentioned the c10 crossover, which is a different model from the standard c10.
Which is why I described it as the "most NEARLY traditional."
-Bob
Old 12-13-2014, 09:33 AM

I wouldn't recommend the Cordoba Studio Negra unless your focus is more on flamenco. I think the C10 Crossover or Orchestra Fusion models would be better choices. The Studio Negra sounds and plays well enough, but has a rougher, more aggressive sound. The Orchestra Fusion or C10 Crossovers will have a much cleaner sound that would lend themselves to a wider range of musical styles.

I agree that a model with a cutaway makes life easier.
Yamaha FSX-5
Yamaha LS-TA
Yamaha CG-TA
Epiphone EJ-200SCE
Breedlove Wildwood Organic Concert
Hohner Essential Roots SOSB
Epiphone Houndog Roundneck
Dobro Model 29
Taylor 214ce-N
Cordoba C9 Spruce
1972 Pablo De La Cruz Classical
? Eusebio Huipe Cedar/PE Flamenco
Godin Multiac Duet Ambiance
Cordoba Stage
Old 12-13-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesson11 View Post
Which is why I described it as the "most NEARLY traditional."
-Bob
i was just clarifying, as there is a C10 model as well as a C10 crossover (as well as a C10 parlor).
Old 12-15-2014, 02:40 PM

thanks for the help, I just bought a Cordoba Fusion pro. Cant wait for it to come in.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:34 AM

You probably chose well. If you aren't used to a flat fingerboard like on the GK or FWCE, 55Fce etc you might not have liked it.

The flat fingerboard certainly has advantages for some styles of music, but it could be a hindrance if you aren't used to it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical