The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-10-2024, 11:07 AM
Charter Member

Default Cort earth mini cosmetic

Hey recent member enjoying the forum and learning lots.

I picked up this little cort for my daughter who is learning at school and had a cheap pink thing that sounded horrible and she liked the sound of mine more. Found it on Facebook market place for £50.It was left in a garage and sounded horrible but I took it away. I think it had electric stings on it, so put some Ernie Ball Earthwood Silk and Steel Extra Soft Bronze 10-50 Gauge on, after it was in the house for a few days, and man the little things sings!

Great little travel guitar even if she doesn’t keep it up. I like the idea of learning to do basic works on guitars as I’m clumsy and at the moment my guitars are all bargain used finds like this one and this seems like a perfect one not to worry about as if I mess up. She’ll probably cover it in stickers or something anyway!

Anyway been watching videos about drop filling with superglue but the finish there is obviously meant to be then slowly worked up to a glossy finish but this is satin.

Two main dings I’d like to have a go at are pictured. One you can see top layer has kind of splintered revealing fresh wood underneath and the second looks small gouge that has since got black dirt in it.

Can someone advise the approach on best DIY job to do this. Including what I’d need to do it. I know people are going to say just leave it but I fancy having a go so any advice would be welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0467.jpg (44.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0474.jpg (26.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0469.jpg (25.5 KB, 22 views)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair