The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-17-2017, 06:25 PM
Guest 928

Sean;

Still here, and persistence as all get out......
Old 08-17-2017, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Sean;

Still here, and persistence as all get out......
Hey Evan, do you send e-mails direct to Sean at Emerald? Not sure they monitor this forum daily, but I always get a response right away (with consideration for the time difference) when contacting them direct.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:29 AM
Guest 928

Captain;

No. I really enjoy the interactive nature of this forum. I sometimes communicate interpersonally with Alistair, but in general I like this forum community and its interesting group communications. Also, I am in no hurry, I know that Sean will get to me when he can.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:33 AM

Dear Evan,

Alistair has been working hard with the time finalising a number of large custom projects. Your guitar has been moulded. I will do my best to keep you informed on the modification process when Alistair gets to it.

Kind Regards,

Sean
Old 08-21-2017, 10:43 AM

And there you go.

Now out to watch the eclipse, which has already started. Boise is just outside the totality zone, but we get 99.4% coverage. Hopefully we will all survive.....
Old 08-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
I dig my Rick Turner Renaissance nylon electric. Plays like buttah, looks killer and sounds great.
am enamored with the Godin Mulitac Slim and thinking of getting one. How do you think it compares to your Turner? I have a Turner Model 1 that I like.
E-guitars: Turner Model 1, Fender Strat
Banjo: Gretsch
ukes: TK1, Harmony Smeck, banjo-uke
Old 08-21-2017, 03:00 PM
Guest 928

Dadio;

I had the Multiac Slim, the Chet Atkins and other nylon electrics. I've played most of the ones I haven't owned such as the original Turner and the Parker. They are all nice. There is considerable difference between the Slim and the Turner and You should probably try them both out before you make a buy.

What Emerald is making is a carbon fiber electric guitar that I think may well equal or exceed my previous nylon strung electrics. I'm thinking it will be lighter and a better medium for an electric. Somewhere on the cf forum there is a picture of a recent Emerald electric--you might want to take a look.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Guest 928

Some of you might like Rory Hoffman playing with the Barbera Pickup (it can be found through a search of this site). That's the pickup I'm going with on the new electric. Never saw one, never played one, but it was advised and that's what I'm running with. Now, listening to one, sounds pretty clean to me.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Captain;

No. I really enjoy the interactive nature of this forum. I sometimes communicate interpersonally with Alistair, but in general I like this forum community and its interesting group communications. Also, I am in no hurry, I know that Sean will get to me when he can.
Yo Evan, why not you get some progress pics and show them to us?? Haha.

It's gonna be an amazing build!
Old 09-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Guest 928

Jimmy;

Good idea. Hey Sean, how about some progress pictures? They would give me something to look at while I'm sitting on my front porch waiting for delivery.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Charter Member

Evan, I just received this email update from Sean:

Alistair has been very busy completion two major customs over the past two weeks, one of which he is personally delivering to Malaysia, departing today.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Guest 928

Cecil;

Thanks for the update. I suspect that I am in for a bit of a wait. That's OK, I'm getting a lot of anticipation for my money.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:05 PM

A bargain at twice the price.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Guest 928

I should also mention that the Barbera pickup is now used by Kirk Sand. Mr. Sand is a guru of electric nylon strung guitars. Got to love these new frontiers.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:56 PM

The Barbera looks great.

The fact that I use a pick, combined with the discontinuity of string diameters for nylon, have caused me to create a custom saddle design. I make a stair step saddle where each string has its own notched step. This allows me to independently adjust height, spacing, and intonation for each string. It's a fair bit of work, but the end result is worth it.

This is not an issue for anyone who plays fingerstyle.

If Barbera can make a custom saddle that is equally functional, and their web site hints that they can, this would be fantastic.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber