The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 03-11-2014, 07:31 PM

Default Workshop/performance at Cotten Music, Nashville 4/12

I will be conducting a workshop on 4/12 at Cotten Music, with an concert that evening. Here is their press release on facebook:

SAVE THE DATE! Cotten Music, along with Collings Guitars, will be hosting Allen Shadd for an afternoon workshop (1-3 pm), followed by an evening concert (7 pm) on Saturday, April 12th. You can sign up for both, or attend the workshop or concert separately. For more information, shoot us a message via our Facebook page or contact Cotten Music, 615-383-8947.

For those of you who might not know Allen, he started playing guitar when he was seven years old. He traveled with various bands, eventually turning his attention to contests. He's done mighty well with the contests, winning the National Flatpicking championship title in 1997, then again in 2013. He's also won the Wayne Henderson, Merlefest, and Rockygrass flatpicking championships, so I guess you could say he knows a thing or two about flatpicking. We hope you'll make plans to join us for the workshop and concert with Allen!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:29 PM

Default Update and reminder!

Just an update and reminder. I will be in Nashville on April 12th at Cotten Music. There is still space for the workshop, and joining me at 7 PM for the concert will be Adam Ray Wright, a friend as well as the 2001 National Flatpicking Champion. I can't say for sure, but there may be other guests as well. The workshop is scheduled from 1-3, and I intend to teach on how to approach on playing better improv, building solos, and arrangements based on things like walking bass lines, chord substitutions, etc. I sure hope to see y'all there, please contact Cotten Music for reservations.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases