The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-06-2023, 07:39 PM

The Play Acoustic has 5 versions of the Bodyrez. The VG has only one, which is version #1 from the Play Acoustic. It is the same. I asked this same question in the TC Helicon forum, when it existed before Behringer purchased them. I got this answer from a TC employee.
Old 12-09-2023, 10:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
The Play Acoustic has 5 versions of the Bodyrez. The VG has only one, which is version #1 from the Play Acoustic. It is the same. I asked this same question in the TC Helicon forum, when it existed before Behringer purchased them. I got this answer from a TC employee.
Actually, the Play has the 5 presets, but as soon as you start twiddling the knobs (on the next menu page) you get into the “Custom” Body Rez settings, which means you have a customizable feature with an almost infinite number of possibilities. I find I do not use the presets on any of my guitars, but prefer to tweak and optimize them. Also, besides the presets in that sub-menu, it also provides some other options like “Flat” and “Just Comp.”
Old 12-14-2023, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverroots View Post
Been reading through a bunch of the old posts... and thought i'd see if any of the people who tried these out still would recommend them?

So I'm deciding between the perform VG and the Play Acoustic

I'm a semi professional musician and I play festivals/gigs where I have a sound man... and small gigs/busk where I don't

Originally i thought definitely VG...but....
Am I correct in what I think that all the guitar effects are mixed in the same output as the vocals? therefore making it useless in a gig with a soundman?
I can only imagine the face of one if I say... yeah I'll just give you the mix of everything and you just set the volume

Which may mean I might as well get the perform V and a separate guitar pedal

I'm not really bothered about all the harmonies or pitch correct as we play acoustic and have a raw sound. mainly interested in the reverbs, tone and feedback buster.. and to mess around with effects for guitar.

Is there anything else on the market I could also look into?
I've used the Play Acoustic for years and love it. However, I use none of the guitar effects available with the PA. I run it flat and use a pedal board to add guitar effects. The PA also provides a pre-amp boost to my my Bose S1 Pro and Compact that I use as a solo performer.

Collings 2012 OM1
Collings 2019 0001
Martin 2018 0-18
Eastman E20OM-TC
Enya X3 Pro Mini
Old 12-22-2023, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverroots View Post
Been reading through a bunch of the old posts... and thought i'd see if any of the people who tried these out still would recommend them?
So I'm deciding between the perform VG and the Play Acoustic
If you decide you want the Play Acoustic, send me a message. I have one in mint condition for sale for a good price. Yes the Perform is much simpler to use, but you don't have to use all the extra features of the Play Acoustic and you can make it just as simple to use as the Perform. It comes pretty much ready to go from the start and all you really need to do is set the vocal mic and guitar input gain and away you go. It's nice to have the added ability to loop.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
effects pedals, perform vg, play acoustic, tc helicon