The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-13-2018, 10:12 PM

Default Sennheiser e614 or e914?

I'd like to own a condenser microphone for Tonedexter training, occasional live amplification of my guitar, and potentially for casual recording.

Always for acoustic guitar, as that's all I play.

I'm drawn to these two microphones. Reviews for both models are typically 5 stars across the board. The e614 is $200 while the e914 is $400.

The price difference doesn't matter too much to me, but I have no experience with condenser mics to know whether a person should buy the "best they can afford" or if the e614 is plenty good, or maybe even better for my intended use?

Any thoughts on these microphones?

Last edited by lovgren; 03-13-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:37 PM

I don't have any experience with those particular Sennheiser condensers. While I own somewhere around 50 condensers (not counting miniature mics), none of them are Sennheiser for some reason.

I do have several e609's and e906's, and I have e904's as well. I can tell you that at least in those cases, the 900 series is definitely worth the premium. I assume that would that would apply in this case as well. That's just my opinion though, of course.

FWIW, you can easily find any of those products for roughly 15% less than MAP if you know who to ask.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification