The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-06-2018, 03:27 PM

Default DR strings!

Been using Martin classical, plain end regular tension for nearly 25 years. Recently started using DR Rare acoustic steel strings, and have been using DR electric and bass strings for 25 years also.

Saw they started making classical strings and thought I'd give them a try.

True to other DR products, these feel lighter tension than regular strings of the same gauge.

My only complaint is that they're not nickel, but brass. IMO classical strings should be nickel.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:40 AM

Seemed to settle in almost immediately.

Bass side strings spot on right away, treble side a little flat this morning (less than 1/2 step).

And again, feel much less tension than what was on there before (Martin regular tension).
Old 03-09-2018, 09:28 AM

Do they do higher tension strings as well? I prefer the feel and attack of higher tension strings. I know their steel and electric strings have great reputations.

I used to use Augustine blues of reds for years. It was all I ever knew. I needed something so I got D'Addario and liked them. It depends on the guitar. I put mediums on one because high tension chokes out the sustain.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:17 PM

I don't know, wasn't looking for high tension.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:00 AM

I have a set of DR in my strings box. I am waiting to try them. I’ve been trying strings lately that are around $6.00 or less. There were a few sets that I ordered. Ernie Ball, Martin, Rotosound, SIT, Augustine....all of which I have tried already. And there is the DR set, along with Galli, that I have yet to try..

Please keep us posted on the DR set.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical