The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-13-2018, 07:34 PM

Default Grove tuning machines

Just a note to all:

My Taylor NS72CE year 2002 has Grover tuning machines. I could tell due to the odd attaching screw spacing...and confirmed after removal.

After many years of hard use, the buttons have cracked and the tension screws are in varying states of tightness. So every string tunes differently and some have gotten 'mushy'.

I contacted Grover and a very nice guy named 'Chuck' (the only Chuck there) said he would 'replace them complete for $7.50...they did not offer 'loose buttons for the 306G model machines. All I had to do was send in the set.'

So I removed them and have sent the off. Now my goto guitar is gone (so to speak). It looks so sad in the case with no strings or tuners. If I knew how to add an emotocon I would. Good news is...once I removed them, I realized how desperately worn out the whole mechanisms were.

I will let you all know how this goes for me...

Peace and tune well
D

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical