The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-02-2018, 03:16 PM

Question Help indentify maker on guitar and ukelele

Hi all
I have a guitar and a ukelele with marks and label but I can not find any information about the manufacturers.
On the ukelele i can't even read the name?

Wondering if anyone here knows who and where they are made.
Thank you for all the information.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah1PcKXokwMTjDc3tmlZErXuC6WM

Greetings Maran
Sweden
Old 03-10-2018, 01:03 AM

Location: We are in Tucson, Arizona. https://www.zavaletas-guitarras.com

What you seem to have is a factory made guitar--built for a guitar store as a house brand. The who made it is hard to tell. What I can see is that they copied the headstock of Ramirez. The machine heads seem to be cheap Japanese. The overlook suggests 1980s. The finish is crappy, again suggesting cheap. My guess is that it is from one of the Valencia factories, but not from one of the better ones.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:51 PM

I was hoping to do something more constructive for you than just commenting on the guitar...After all, you were asking who manufactured it, not for an appraisal.

I thought it would be a enjoyable challenge on a cold winter day.

Unfortunately, I haven't come up with an answer. The model, "Studio One," is such a common name that it's hard to filter out non-relevant results.
I tried the Valencia angle as suggested in the previous response, but wasn't able to find a connection. That doesn't mean he's wrong, though. It just means that I couldn't make a connection. It very well could be a generically manufactured guitar labeled with whichever name a distributor or purchaser wanted on it.

I noticed that the label had "MADE IN ------" printed in the lower right corner, but it was crossed out and I couldn't make it out in the image. It might help if you were able read that. Maybe.

This is going to be a tough one.

Last edited by menhir; 03-10-2018 at 03:13 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical