The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-11-2017, 06:41 PM

I too am waiting for the new x10. I love my x7 but want to add an x10 when they are ready to build it.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson5035 View Post
I too am waiting for the new x10. I love my x7 but want to add an x10 when they are ready to build it.
Hi kwilson5035 - I see that is your first post here. Welcome aboard!

I agree with what the consensus here seems to be: an X10, with an offset soundhole, and a 24.75" scale sounds like another winner.

Evan, that X10 with the carved slot-head is SO striking!
Old 08-11-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
It can be yours.....at a price!

Even if one doesn't opt for various options, it's great that a CF builder at least offers one's heart's desire.
Yes, indeed.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Hi kwilson5035 - I see that is your first post here. Welcome aboard!

I agree with what the consensus here seems to be: an X10, with an offset soundhole, and a 24.75" scale sounds like another winner.

Evan, that X10 with the carved slot-head is SO striking!
Prior to getting my X7 and X20 I wasn't sure I'd like an acoustic with an offset soundhole. I now prefer the OSH, and feel I can hear every nuance in these wonderful Emerald guitars. An X10 with an OSH and 24.75" scale would be very hard to resist.
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 08-12-2017, 06:01 PM

I would also love to see an X10, offset soundhole, somewhere between 24.75-25 scale. I know Emerald could do it on a custom order - I just don't have the $ to make that happen, so I'll wait patiently along with everyone else.

*Clears throat* Is this mic working?
Old 08-12-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax238 View Post
I would also love to see an X10, offset soundhole, somewhere between 24.75-25 scale. I know Emerald could do it on a custom order - I just don't have the $ to make that happen, so I'll wait patiently along with everyone else.

*Clears throat* Is this mic working?
I sure get the sense that there would be a lot of potential X10 buyers, were they to be a standard offering.

Emerald! Hope we're on your radar!
Old 08-12-2017, 07:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
I sure get the sense that there would be a lot of potential X10 buyers, were they to be a standard offering.

Emerald! Hope we're on your radar!
Then, people will start asking for a "comfortable dreadnought" (is that an oxymoron?), a jumbo, a baritone ukulele, a mandolin... where does it end?

I get the whole "Goldilocks syndrome" with something between the X7 and the X20... or just another good reason for more GAS attacks.

Emerald is very customer responsive. Of course, we may want to give Alistair the chance to offer us more amazing Select Series instruments for the next 5 months first.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Then, people will start asking for a "comfortable dreadnought" (is that an oxymoron?), a jumbo, a baritone ukulele, a mandolin... where does it end?

I get the whole "Goldilocks syndrome" with something between the X7 and the X20...
Yes, but the X10 is a product that has already been in production, likely has ready to use molds, and is not something requiring starting from scratch!

For someone who doesn't want the large size of an X20, nor the small size of an X7, the X10 is just the ticket!
Old 08-13-2017, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes, but the X10 is a product that has already been in production, likely has ready to use molds, and is not something requiring starting from scratch!

For someone who doesn't want the large size of an X20, nor the small size of an X7, the X10 is just the ticket!
I would have room in my heart (and would make room on my wall) for all three!

As much as I appreciate the size and comfort of the X7, it doesn't make me feel the X20 is "too big." Different horses for different courses.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I would have room in my heart (and would make room on my wall) for all three!

As much as I appreciate the size and comfort of the X7, it doesn't make me feel the X20 is "too big." Different horses for different courses.
Yes, different horses for different courses indeed; as different horses for different riders.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:18 PM

Default Group buy?

I wonder what Emerald's response would be if we put together an AGF group X10 buy with specs like we've been talking about (offset soundhole, 1-3/4" nut, 2-1/4" string spacing, scale of 24.75", although I would prefer 24.9").

J.R. and Mods... my apologies if this goes against AGF policy.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax238 View Post
I wonder what Emerald's response would be if we put together an AGF group X10 buy with specs like we've been talking about (offset soundhole, 1-3/4" nut, 2-1/4" string spacing, scale of 24.75", although I would prefer 24.9").

J.R. and Mods... my apologies if this goes against AGF policy.
I like the idea!
Old 08-13-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I like the idea!
So do I.

My biggest turnoff to the X20 is it's size, but that is just a personal preference thing. Emeralds are amazing instruments and sound great based on what I've heard from Youtube videos. I would be more likely to buy sight and sound unseen an X10 with these specs before an X7 or an X20. (I understand that an X20 can be had with a 24.75 scale for an upcharge but I'm also interested in a mid-sized body)
Old 08-13-2017, 06:23 PM
Guest 928

Pax238;

Good idea. Years ago five members of the old Carbon Fiber Forum wanted a Blackbird Super OM in nylon. Joe made the guitars and there are now five classic CF guitars in the world. My guess is that Alistair would go for 10, if requested.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
So do I.

My biggest turnoff to the X20 is it's size, but that is just a personal preference thing. Emeralds are amazing instruments and sound great based on what I've heard from Youtube videos. I would be more likely to buy sight and sound unseen an X10 with these specs before an X7 or an X20. (I understand that an X20 can be had with a 24.75 scale for an upcharge but I'm also interested in a mid-sized body)
Same thinking here. After playing an X20, I'm not interested in that size of guitar. Mid-size suits me ideally.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber