The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-26-2017, 07:50 PM

This is kind of odd. According to TC Helicon, the Bodyrez pedal is created using Bodyrez #1 from the Play Acoustic. The Play Acoustic has 5 Bodyrez versions. According to most people on the TC Helicon forum, the most widely used Bodyrez version is #2. It looks like people would spend the little extra and use the Play Acoustic instead, even if they don't plan to use the vocal part. I guess it's just the simplicity of the Bodyrez pedal that makes it more attractive than the Play Acoustic. In addition, the Play Acoustic has a wide range of eq settings as well as their Hall of Fame reverb and their Corona Chorus.

I am not a salesman for TC. Just used many of their products. They make many indepedant pedals for vocals and guitars. They also combine these technologies together (as does Boss) to bundle these to create smaller footprints in single units. I guess the individual units fit well when combined other favorite units from various suppliers. I am really surprised Boss beat them to market with the amp that combines this technology.

Either way, it seems the Bodyrez technology is widely accepted and most people like its capabilities.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
I demo'd it on 4 guitars yesterday and through a Fishman Loudbox and then through a 300 watt PA. The guitars we tried were;

a. the Little Martin

b. Ovation CC24

c. Gibson J35

d. Gibson something else...cutaway..newer model.

We had 5 of us in the room sampling. All experienced players. We swapped instruments, swapped amps, all through the Body Rez.

Results

In every case the Body Rez improved the sound remarkably. It made the Little Martin boom, the Gibson UST was a horrid little quack which opened into a full sound with the body rez engaged. The Ovation was extraordinary, it just filled the frequencies. The other Gibson cutaway sounded amazing as well.

It got so really, without it, the sounds were unlistenable. Like when ya have tasted good beer, cheap beer aint so great. You cannot go back.

This was just body rez right into the PA or Fishman with no effects. So this thing, well, I am getting one tomorrow. It literally changes your life. All that money you spend on that amazing Gibson .... it brings it back to life. Cannot say enough about it.

I use a processor, I will put that after the body rez. I might have to dump the processor and get a reverb and chorus, to preserver the body rez tone!

One dang purchase leads to another. But yeh, all of us concluded it was a must have for USTs.

Try the Play Acoustic first. With the addition of the switch 3 or 6, it does everything for the voice that it does for the guitar, and more. And, it's got the full body Rez capability, chorus, delays, and reverbs for the guitar now. Very nice package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2017, 06:09 AM
Charter Member

I just got my TC Body Rez this weekend. I tried it this AM on my Pono, which has a Fishman Matrix Infinity under saddle. This thing is a little magic box! really cleaned up the sound, makes it ring beautifully. Gonna try it on the Martin in little while, but I'll bet I get the same result. So far, it's a winner here. Oh, and the amp I used is a little Behringer Ultratone HT108.
Takamine F-451S 12 String (1977)
Old 02-27-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Try the Play Acoustic first. With the addition of the switch 3 or 6, it does everything for the voice that it does for the guitar, and more. And, it's got the full body Rez capability, chorus, delays, and reverbs for the guitar now. Very nice package.

I spoke with my local GS today and they will give me a decent price to buy my VE20, if I add a few coins to make up the price of the Play Acoustic. So I will probably do that this week, the reason I did not focus on it first was, well, because I have the VE20!. From what I hear, the harmonies generated by the guitar signal are really spot on and since I don't sing acapella....

So yeh, I am eager to try it out tomorrow night!@

I am very tired of losing my J45 and my Larrivee sound when I plug them in. Very tired!@
Old 02-27-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
I spoke with my local GS today and they will give me a decent price to buy my VE20, if I add a few coins to make up the price of the Play Acoustic. So I will probably do that this week, the reason I did not focus on it first was, well, because I have the VE20!. From what I hear, the harmonies generated by the guitar signal are really spot on and since I don't sing acapella....

So yeh, I am eager to try it out tomorrow night!@

I am very tired of losing my J45 and my Larrivee sound when I plug them in. Very tired!@

Good luck. Make sure you give it a good test drive before swapping your gear. It's equal parts vocal and guitar pedal.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:53 AM

I got a play acoustic about a month ago and I'm blown away by it. I have a little Martin LX1E which has a great tone unplugged but rather quacky when plugged in on its own. The PA really rounds it out to sound much bigger and deeper.
I didn't get the switch 3 but that's now definitely on the wish list as it makes the looper function much easier.

David Vachell
https://soundcloud.com/david-vachell
Old 02-28-2017, 08:38 PM

Okay update. I went in to look at the Play Acoustic and the 12 volt adaptor got me. I don't want another wall wart on my board. My whole board is 9V now I have to lug a thing. But that was not all, of course. I have the VE20 so my vocals are tight. I have a decent reverb and chorus, so I did not need the effects. So I bought the Body Rez and plugged it in and....taaa daaaaaaa.

WOW....yeh, blew me away. First time I heard it on my J45. Now I have to hear it on my other guitars.

It is a game changer.

So small and petit and cheaper was okay by me.

Add me to the list of "you gotta have this thing"-ers.

Great thread.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Okay update. I went in to look at the Play Acoustic and the 12 volt adaptor got me. I don't want another wall wart on my board. My whole board is 9V now I have to lug a thing. But that was not all, of course. I have the VE20 so my vocals are tight. I have a decent reverb and chorus, so I did not need the effects. So I bought the Body Rez and plugged it in and....taaa daaaaaaa.

WOW....yeh, blew me away. First time I heard it on my J45. Now I have to hear it on my other guitars.

It is a game changer.

So small and petit and cheaper was okay by me.

Add me to the list of "you gotta have this thing"-ers.

Great thread.

That makes a lot of sense regarding your 9v pedal board. Had not considered that angle. Glad you like it! It replaces a lot of complicated preamp/para EQ gear, if you're willing to let it all go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-05-2017, 03:54 PM

Just an update for anyone interested.
I ended up pulling the lyric out of the guitar I had (now sold anyway). Although the my TC Acoustic play pedal helped a lot the lyric was just not workable in that guitar.
I do use the body Rez on my Takamine palathetic pickup and it works fantastic.

On another note I plan to power it from a lithium ion power pack.

I have the play pedal, the Beat Buddy and an octave pedal, I may add a volume pedal and likely a pedal to change pages on my tablet.
So I'm going to try and have one power supply that can run 5v (tablet) and 9,12vdc for the pedals.
If I can do all that off a battery pack that would be great.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
Just an update for anyone interested.
I ended up pulling the lyric out of the guitar I had (now sold anyway). Although the my TC Acoustic play pedal helped a lot the lyric was just not workable in that guitar.
I do use the body Rez on my Takamine palathetic pickup and it works fantastic.

On another note I plan to power it from a lithium ion power pack.

I have the play pedal, the Beat Buddy and an octave pedal, I may add a volume pedal and likely a pedal to change pages on my tablet.
So I'm going to try and have one power supply that can run 5v (tablet) and 9,12vdc for the pedals.
If I can do all that off a battery pack that would be great.

If you can share your solution to the Lion power pack that would be brilliant. I'm trying to run a play acoustic (12v), boss rc3 (9v) and iPad (5v) and would love a mains free option for the street. Could live without the boss and iPad as they do have their own power.

David Vachell
Old 03-05-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidvac View Post
If you can share your solution to the Lion power pack that would be brilliant. I'm trying to run a play acoustic (12v), boss rc3 (9v) and iPad (5v) and would love a mains free option for the street. Could live without the boss and iPad as they do have their own power.

David Vachell

This is all you need. I have it working with the Play Acoustic. However, I'd probably go with a smaller battery if I had to do it all over again.

ALLPOWERS 30000mAh Portable Laptop Charger External Battery Charger Pack(3A Type C, iPower Technology) for Laptop, ipad, iphone, Smartphone, Samsung, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXVXZDC..._ZyhcDhoHj2DZU

Truetone CYR Converter for One Spot Power Supply with Reverse Polarity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EBG5QE..._Tsz9npZdLsTwB

Old 03-05-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidvac View Post

David Vachell

Hey David,
I have not done this yet. But will share once I do.
There is a good thread floating around about using the lion device power banks to power pedals.

I've been eyeballing some of the Li-On car jumper packs. Some of those seem to have break out cables with 5v, 12v possibly 9v many are 20,000 mah (rated at 5v I think) but should be plenty for a pedal board for at least a long gig if not a few gigs. But that's just guessing and dependent on how power hungry your pedal board would be.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
This is all you need. I have it working with the Play Acoustic. However, I'd probably go with a smaller battery if I had to do it all over again.

ALLPOWERS 30000mAh Portable Laptop Charger External Battery Charger Pack(3A Type C, iPower Technology) for Laptop, ipad, iphone, Smartphone, Samsung, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXVXZDC..._ZyhcDhoHj2DZU

Truetone CYR Converter for One Spot Power Supply with Reverse Polarity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EBG5QE..._Tsz9npZdLsTwB

Great. Thanks

David Vachell
Old 03-06-2017, 04:05 AM

Thumbs up T.C. Helicon BodyRez

I was perplexed , I knew that my piezo quacked way too much for me and it was a decent one at that and I needed a fix -
The acoustic stomp pedals available were good but way too pricey for the bang for the buck .

Pulled the trigger on a T.C. Helicon Vocal Live 3 Extreme , among the great electric guitar and vocal FXs and 3 track looper it's got , it also has
the same BoyRez algorithm as the singular pedal does heh heh heh - such a deal , so much power under one small compact
uncluttered footprint on stage , I love it.

Can't stand the waiting- - -Ahhhhhhhhhh it's drivn me crazy . Ships out on Tuesday 14 -

EZ :

HR

Life has always been interesting to me

Last edited by Hurricane Ramon; 03-08-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ramon View Post

I was perplexed , I knew that my piezo quacked way too much for me and it was a decent one at that and I needed a fix -

The acoustic stomp pedals available were good but way too pricey for the bang for the buck .

Pulled the trigger on a T.C. Helicon Vocal Live 3 Extreme , among the great electric guitar and vocal FXs and 3 track looper it's got , it also has

the same BoyRez algorithm as the singular pedal does heh heh heh - such a deal , so much power under one small compact

uncluttered footprint on stage , I love it.

Can't stand the waiting- - -Ahhhhhhhhhh it's drivn me crazy . Ships out on Monday 06 -

EZ :

HR

Wow! That's quite an investment. I looked at that system myself. I was considering it for an all in one electric/acoustic solution. Right now, I've got the Firehawk FX and the Play Acoustic pedals.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification