The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-19-2017, 08:37 AM

Default shot in the dark pickup

i was looking a for new pickups for my tele kit at guitar fetish, i ran across a tele neck pickup, closeout seymour duncan for $21.95, i should of ordered it, for the life of me i cant find it now, does anyone have any idea where this was at? nothing seems to pop up on ebay--ugh
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 09-19-2017, 04:18 PM

i think i found them, after looking closely and reading about them, they were 'duncan designed' apparantly low cost asian made with lower quality for squier type priced guitars
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 09-19-2017, 05:19 PM

Call and talk to Rob. His pickups are ridiculously good and priced great. I have two t type guitars with his pickups in them.

The Nashville Lion and Lion King are a great pair. I also have a Fat Lion that borders on P90 land.

http://www.frettech.com/
Old 09-20-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpspitfire View Post
i think i found them, after looking closely and reading about them, they were 'duncan designed' apparantly low cost asian made with lower quality for squier type priced guitars
I had a couple of guitars with Duncan Designed (humbuckers). I liked them better than Epiphone pickups but they were only 'ok'. I replaced them with Seymour Duncan pickups which made a big difference.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:04 PM

this was for my $89 kit tele ,being my 1st kit at all i didnt want to sink a lot of money into a fun project, the kit pickups work fine but seem on the weak side, i contacted where i got the kit and i got a custom wound vintage tele set, bridge 6.4K and neck 5.5k for $19.99, my guess is they will a little better, but a little better might go a long way on this guitar- time will tell
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 09-21-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpspitfire View Post
this was for my $89 kit tele ,being my 1st kit at all i didnt want to sink a lot of money into a fun project, the kit pickups work fine but seem on the weak side, i contacted where i got the kit and i got a custom wound vintage tele set, bridge 6.4K and neck 5.5k for $19.99, my guess is they will a little better, but a little better might go a long way on this guitar- time will tell
Got ya, yea, the Duncan Designed (DD) will most likely be much better than what came with the kit. You should be able to find some used DD pickups.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars