The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 05-06-2013, 04:02 PM

Default Looking for instructions for Laskin bevel.

I would like to know how to build an arm bevel for an acoustic guitar. I have some info from MIMF, but don't find a comprehensive step by step. I know most of the basics, but am looking for instructions from someone who has built some variations. Several of the examples on MIMF have the top braces extending into the bevel & then the shaped bevel is covered by a veneer. I would like to see a method that does not use a veneer. I believe that Mr. Ryan recommended using ebony for the bevel & binding to facilitate the blending of the two. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
kev
Old 05-06-2013, 04:38 PM

e-mail Grit directly as others have done: [email protected]

I seem to recall a comprehensive video of one approach by O'Brien Guitars on Youtube. Do a search on Youtube to find it.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:50 PM

Thanks Charles. I just watched several videos & have a pretty good idea of whether I want to do one or just use a Pearse style armrest.

Thanks,
kev

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair