The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-25-2016, 11:20 AM
Charter Member

+1 on the Bugera tube amps. I use the V5 in my house and am very pleased. Most of the time it's set at .1w. It was one of the few that I found with a headphone jack, and I use that a lot. I don't use any pedals, just the guitar straight into the amp with a little reverb. If I set the gain high enough I can get a little breakup if I want it, but I play clean 90% of the time. The V5 is more than enough for the house, but if you gig out the V22 might be better, I'm not sure though.

As for the tele, I can't disagree with anything already posted. I definitely agree with the G&L suggestions vs. the Fender Custom Shop and have been blown away by the ones I've played and owned...and I'm a Fender fan.

If you will forgive a shameless plug, here is a link to a very special G&L I have listed in the Classifieds http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=439804 The F100 is sort of a Tele/Strat hybrid that may interest you. (mods, this is permitted, right?)

Good luck and have fun on your quest!
Old 08-25-2016, 01:32 PM

Tele builders are a dime a dozen. My only real gripe with Fender is that I like a flatter radius, a B-Bender, and Nashville pickups, which isn't always available at any given time.

Sure, I went a little crazy with options.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
Tele builders are a dime a dozen. My only real gripe with Fender is that I like a flatter radius, a B-Bender, and Nashville pickups, which isn't always available at any given time.

Sure, I went a little crazy with options.
I'd say your "crazy" is just about right. I like it.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:28 PM

Default Help Me Choose a Tele

Another thumbs up for US built G&L. Best electric I've ever owned is my ASAT Classic hollow body.
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 08-25-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Growler View Post
I would love a B-Bender Telecaster but they don't come Fender stock, they're pretty pricey (hipshot version) and you have to find someone to install/reroute your guitar.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:59 PM

Thanks all for the feedback. I haven't made any purchases yet, but this is what I've decided on.

A Baja 60s body.

[IMG]upload an image[/IMG]

A custom Musikraft roasted birdseye maple neck with a flat 14" radius and 1 3/4" nut and a V profile

[IMG]free adult image hosting[/IMG]

A Blackstar HT5R practice/small gig amp.

[IMG]screen shot windows[/IMG]

And the best part of it, all this will run a little over $1k, which after buying nice acoustics over the years, sounds like a bargain to me.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:54 AM
Charter Member

Nice choices MD1983, I especially like the neck! Give us a look when it's all together.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel and wood View Post
I would love a B-Bender Telecaster but they don't come Fender stock, they're pretty pricey (hipshot version) and you have to find someone to install/reroute your guitar.
They sometimes sell them. My problem has been that they don't sell the B-Bender with my Nashville pickups AND my preferred radius at any given time. They once had a nice flame top Nasvhille Tele with the radius I like and a flame top B-Bender with Nashville pickups, but not my radius. Just a little frustrating.

Check out the Rolling Bender. It can be added to a 3 or 6 saddle Tele, even a Strat. I'm thinking about adding one to the G saddle of mine to have a B and G bender.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Growler View Post
LOL. Thanks. This and my Taylor electrics are about as traditional as I can get.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars