The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-25-2016, 12:25 PM

You've received the same information from the same responders in your original post. So, I'll repeat mine - find another "qualified luthier" who will charge you the proper amount for any NEEDED repair and move on.

I don't care how free a repair is if it is not a quality repair. Any further association with this person is totally on you. As stated numerous times - all steel-string acoustics have some degree of belly bulge. As it sounds, yours may not be out of the norm. Your bridge "repair" should have held up for the life of the guitar if it was needed and done properly.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorSteve View Post
Your bridge "repair" should have held up for the life of the guitar if it was needed and done properly.
That's what I expected if I followed proper rules of storage.

Well I'm off to the shop now so I will tell you folks what happened. Again thanks for all of the helpful replies.
Alvarez AD710
Alvarez RD20S
Esteban American Legacy
Rogue mandolin
Old 08-25-2016, 03:56 PM

OK, Mission Accomplished.

The guitar shop owner offered me what I had hoped he would in a barter arrangement for shop work on my electrics ... actually more than my minimum.

So that's done. I'm done with that guitar ... that bridge, etc. I got back my O-Port, humidifier and the DVD for a game I didn't even know the seller had sent me.

Now I know several of you may say I just should avoid this shop for all work. However, I can tell you I have been a gigging bassist and his works on my electrics and my basses has been exemplary, much better than anybody else I have tried ... so I will keep him on for that beyond the "barter" amount I received.

And as I said I have found that luthier who will do any subsequent work on my acoustics. Ironically, I "lost" an acoustic today but I also added an electric guitar through an online sale.
Alvarez AD710
Alvarez RD20S
Esteban American Legacy
Rogue mandolin
Old 08-25-2016, 06:06 PM

I would not say anything bad about your repair guy. He's the one who actually handled the guitar in person and see's what we can only guess at. People make mistakes, it's what we do best, he righted it so that's what counts. Cheers!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion