The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-22-2024, 07:38 PM
Charter Member

Default Pedal Order

I’m using a LR Baggs Align reverb and chorus. Does it matter in which order I use them? I can’t hear any difference. I’m also considering buying the EQ. Does anyone have experience using the EQ?
Old 03-22-2024, 08:05 PM

Yes, order matters... but there's no "correct" way to do things. It depends on the effect that you want to achieve. You can either add reverb to the chorused sound, or add chorus to the already-reverberating sound. Different settings might make the difference more obvious. If what you hear doesn't sound much different, though, then... it doesn't sound much different.

That being said, I think the typical setup would have the chorus first, and then add reverb after to the final sound.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:02 AM

I like when Chorus goes before time-based effects (Delay/Reverb) for the reasons already suggested.

The EQ you usually want to be one of the first things the signal from the guitar hits, before any of the time/modulation effects. Kind of the same for compressors if you were ever to add one.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 03-23-2024, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
I like when Chorus goes before time-based effects (Delay/Reverb) for the reasons already suggested.

The EQ you usually want to be one of the first things the signal from the guitar hits, before any of the time/modulation effects. Kind of the same for compressors if you were ever to add one.
I never tried it that way...I always put the eq last in the chain to balance hi's and lows and I just go direct in to the mixer. I'm thinking of trying a DI box but read mixed feelings on here...some like some don't. I don't have much experience on sound stuff so I'm in a learning curve at the moment.
Old 03-24-2024, 09:20 AM
Charter Member

modulation effects before reverb is the generally accepted order,.. and reverb is the last effect.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:38 AM

Modulation before reverb is generally standard; I would put EQ first since (if I recall) that reverb has a tone control.

What I find conspicuously absent in your post, however, are the nine Tube Screamers that are all but required for acoustic guitarists. Those should always go first, preferably on a separate pedalboard, with all knobs set fully clockwise except for the very last one; that's where you get to put your own little spin on things.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification