The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-28-2023, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
Turns out they really did want the signature. Driver showed up and she arrived safe and sound!Attachment 95484Attachment 95485
Congrats, That's Beautiful!!

How does that X30-12 sound??

Last edited by dgaemc2; 07-28-2023 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 07-28-2023, 02:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaemc2 View Post
Congrats, That's Beautiful!!

How does that X30-12 sound??
Thanks. So far I am quite happy with the tone. I also have to say the quilted maple black with the all blacked out look is even sharper looking in person than in the photos.

I will preface this by saying I don't have much in the way of 12 string experience to compare it to ...

But, it is a wonderfully full tone the trebles seem to come out very nicely and I feel the bass is very balanced with my style of play definitely not overwhelming.

It also has sustain for days.

I will also say it plays much easier than the previous used takamine 12 I tried in a store. I think that is likely the wider string spacing.

I am trying to dig up specific 12 string songs to look at.

I am also learning how to change the high/ low emphasis on the low 4 strings and seeing how that fits with each note.

I am also pleasantly surprised by the sound from the lr baggs element through the spark go. It really adds some amazing fullness to the tone to throw in the amp with some reverb and delay. Since this was on the sale I just accepted it with the baggs planning on switching it out asap. Now I am not in as much of a hurry.

I had chorus on for a second and that on the other hand just sounded like mud.

That and all 12 strings were almost in tune when I received it!
Old 07-28-2023, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
Thanks. So far I am quite happy with the tone. I also have to say the quilted maple black with the all blacked out look is even sharper looking in person than in the photos.

I will preface this by saying I don't have much in the way of 12 string experience to compare it to ...

But, it is a wonderfully full tone the trebles seem to come out very nicely and I feel the bass is very balanced with my style of play definitely not overwhelming.

It also has sustain for days.

I will also say it plays much easier than the previous used takamine 12 I tried in a store. I think that is likely the wider string spacing.

I am trying to dig up specific 12 string songs to look at.

I am also learning how to change the high/ low emphasis on the low 4 strings and seeing how that fits with each note.

I am also pleasantly surprised by the sound from the lr baggs element through the spark go. It really adds some amazing fullness to the tone to throw in the amp with some reverb and delay. Since this was on the sale I just accepted it with the baggs planning on switching it out asap. Now I am not in as much of a hurry.

I had chorus on for a second and that on the other hand just sounded like mud.

That and all 12 strings were almost in tune when I received it!
Yeah, I'm sure it sounds divine!! I snagged an X20-12 during Black Friday sale last year. I agree that the Element sounds awesome in my X20-12!!

Tuning stability is off the charts with all Emerald guitars but is especially appreciated with my X20-12!!
Old 07-28-2023, 02:30 PM
Charter Member

I ordered both an X20 and X30 from the 25% off sale. Great opportunity to get a great deal and compare. After scrutinizing both, the X20 is a clear keeper and the X30 is great, but a lot bigger and more cumbersome to play. and really, the X20 is more balanced even though the deeper bass of the X30 is seductive.

I do however see the possibility of an X30-12 in the future perhaps. Or maybe an X20-12.

Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 07-28-2023, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
I ordered both an X20 and X30 from the 25% off sale. Great opportunity to get a great deal and compare. After scrutinizing both, the X20 is a clear keeper and the X30 is great, but a lot bigger and more cumbersome to play. and really, the X20 is more balanced even though the deeper bass of the X30 is seductive.

I do however see the possibility of an X30-12 in the future perhaps. Or maybe an X20-12.

I have an x20 6 and the bass does not feel any less balanced on the x30-12 to me. It is clearly a bigger instrument but I play with a strap all the time and I am pretty large anyway. So far the size hasn't bothered me at all with it.
Old 07-28-2023, 04:40 PM

My Virtuo arrived today!!

I've been playing it a LOT and am very pleased with how it plays and sounds!!

Last edited by dgaemc2; 07-29-2023 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Updated content
Old 07-29-2023, 05:09 AM

Well, I've been saving up for a custom X20-12 to join the X20-6 I bought just over a year ago, but like so many here I was unable to come up with any acceptable argument against taking advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and ordered this beauty on 16 July.

At 25% off, I think I can live without the custom options for now!

Can't wait for it to arrive, and I'm doing my best to be patient as I fully understand the carnage this sale has caused the Emerald team. Meantime, I shall continue working on deepening the groove I'm pacing in the floor of my hallway!
Old 07-29-2023, 08:15 AM

Default X30 incoming

Hi guys, I am “sort of” new here. I was on this board a long time ago, had a different email address and a long forgotten username.

I am retiring on August 11th and the guitar is my retirement present from my wife(no, she doesn’t really hate me…just my guitar habit sometimes)

I was going to do it sometime in 2024, but I stumbled onto the 25% sale. Saving almost $1000 was the kicker. I already own an X20 Opus that I really like, but it seemed like I would get drowned out in an acoustic jam situation. When I saw that Emerald started making a Jumbo sized guitar a few years ago…it’s been a source of GAS ever since.

It’s a vibrant weave Amber on the back and sides and Koa veneer. It has the BAGGS Element for electronics(same as my Opus)…I wanted a HyVibe, but they were all picked out by the time I found the sale on the 25th…so I just made it in time. Plus, I already have a LAG HyVibe…which is fun, but the guitar itself is kind of lacking(I bought the entry level model).

Question….I notice a lot of you have your guitar inventory posted as a….footer? How do you do that

EDIT: I read the FAQ and I think I figured out the signature thing.

Last edited by Mywifehatesme; 07-29-2023 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-29-2023, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifehatesme View Post
Question….I notice a lot of you have your guitar inventory posted as a….footer? How do you do that
Click on "User CP" above and then "Edit Signature." Welcome back to AGF and congrats on the new X30...
Old 07-29-2023, 08:28 AM

Default PSA 25% off in stock Emerald guitars

Thanks a lot! I honestly kind of forgot about this place.

EDIT: found a link to my guitar, it says it’s out of stock, but if you scroll down it shows it.

https://emeraldguitars.com/product/x30-18/
LAG Hyvibe 10
Emerald X20 Opus
Emerald X30 Koa laminate
Kentucky Mandolin

Last edited by Mywifehatesme; 07-29-2023 at 10:49 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber