The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-29-2016, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyeetime View Post
I like but don't love the sound of the typical blues Strat. (Although I must admit I really like Robert Cray's clean hard tail Strat sound.)

But the most beautiful blues guitar sound to me is what Sean Costello got out of his '53 Les Paul on the "Moaning for Molasses" album. That is pure bliss to my ears.
Just curious, do you chase that sound? I've been chasing this one my entire life... About 10 years ago I found a strat shaped object, not a real strat, with super weak lipstick pickups. These things are so weak, I can run my champ at 8 or 9 and it's as loud as my p-90s or my G&L at 3 or 4 The only guitar I've run across that nails this tone.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:54 AM

Master of the Telecaster....Albert Collins and Gatemouth Brown also known to play a tele and then there's Keef

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars