The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-25-2016, 04:52 PM

Default No AC4TV for you!!!!

Opened the factory sealed box on the just delivered amp and it was DOA

The seller is being cool, and has already refunded me and sent a tag.

The search continues. I'm going to test drive everything I can find tomorrow. Don't be surprised if something ridiculous like a 5150 III LBX (15 or 3 3/4 watts) or a peavey classic 20 head follows me home. I'm obviously a little "vox shy" right now...
Old 05-25-2016, 05:17 PM

Given your propensity for the love of low wattage and a fair amount of gain - you may want to look at the little Blackstars.

A VHT Ultra 6 would also fit the bill with it's built in attenuator.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 05-25-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
...I'm going to test drive everything I can find tomorrow. Don't be surprised if something ridiculous like a 5150 III LBX (15 or 3 3/4 watts) or a Peavey Classic 20 head follows me home...
Add a Bugera V22 to your short list - cheaper than either the 5150 or Classic 20, same power range, and unlike the Vox it'll go "twang" every time...
Old 05-25-2016, 05:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Opened the factory sealed box on the just delivered amp and it was DOA
WOW. That's too bad. I've owned mine since 9/2009 and have had no issues. Great little amp.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylor4 View Post
Given your propensity for the love of low wattage and a fair amount of gain - you may want to look at the little Blackstars.

A VHT Ultra 6 would also fit the bill with it's built in attenuator.
I called around today, and found a place that has discontinued vox Lil' Night Train. I regret selling mine ages ago. It'll get a test.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY has a VHT anywhere near me. They walk out the stores as they are shipped in. My closest GC says they will have some about mid June. The Ultra intrigues me.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:31 AM

Default No AC4TV for you!!!!

That's a shame. I bought my AC4tv used (for a ridiculous low price) and I couldn't be happier. It sounds great and is perfect for my apartment and modest rehearsals and concerts. It takes pedals well and is easily portable - I bought a Rockbag gig bag that was designed for a specific Gallien Kruger amp that was more or less the right dimensions and it fits perfectly! Cables and music notes too!
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars